Homemade All-Natural DEEP CONDITIONER??

Lucky's Mom

Well I need to find a heating cap and then purposefully choose ingredients that penetrate the hair..thanks!
I usually use organic conditioner, no parabens.petroleum, mineral oil or that other stuff, however I am going broke:ohwell: so these homemade conditioners will really help out.

Start with the etae Condish recipe....
It is relatively cheap... and you can freeze extra portions.....:yep:

P

Paradox

Start with the etae Condish recipe....
It is relatively cheap... and you can freeze extra portions.....:yep:
that's exactly what I've been wanting to try for months!, I've saved so many recipes of that. you seem like an expert, what do you think is the best recipe for the carmel treatment?

Lucky's Mom

that's exactly what I've been wanting to try for months!, I've saved so many recipes of that. you seem like an expert, what do you think is the best recipe for the carmel treatment?

I have it around here some where....

here you go

Homemade Caramel.....
Etae
www.etaeproducts.com
makes a great product... and I love its simplicity. This is supposed to infuse moisture into tresses... I believe that it does.

However.... I am broke..and I have all this stuff at home :)

I never measure - but here are the ingredients in terms of apperance in the product ( hey, we think...)...

Honey 1/2 cup
olive oil 1/4 cup
overripe banana - 1 to 3
molasses 1/8 cup
Xathan Gum - Sprinkle
acv -squirt
Wheat germ oil - 1 tsps

Blend With a Blender ( puree )until creamy.....

Apply to your hair with an applicator Brush as if you are applying a relaxer....

Wrap Hair in plastic and keep it one hour or OVER NIGHT.

I DO not put extrea stuff in the recipe. there is no need to.
I freeze extra portions for my monthly uses! Good luck!:yep:

morehairplease

thanks SJ! I am going to print this recipe off and give it a try next month(once my current container of Pantene's breakage defense mask is gone).

P

Paradox

here you go

Homemade Caramel.....
Etae
www.etaeproducts.com
makes a great product... and I love its simplicity. This is supposed to infuse moisture into tresses... I believe that it does.

I never measure - but here are the ingredients in terms of apperance in the product ( hey, we think...)...

Honey 1/2 cup
olive oil 1/4 cup
overripe banana - 1 to 3
molasses 1/8 cup
Xathan Gum - Sprinkle
acv -squirt
Wheat germ oil - 1 tsps

Apply to your hair with an applicator Brush as if you are applying a relaxer....

WOW that's GREAT! THANKS!:dance7:

JustKiya

Does these homemade conditioner actually penentrate the hair as well as commercial conditioner??????

As well as an average DC? Definitely. As well as one of the super high end, deep treatment, micro-molecule cerimide rich conditioners - most likely not. :lol:

Etae Caramel is an all natural deep condish.

here you go

Homemade Caramel.....
Etae
www.etaeproducts.com

Honey 1/2 cup
olive oil 1/4 cup
overripe banana - 1 to 3
molasses 1/8 cup
Xathan Gum - Sprinkle
acv -squirt
Wheat germ oil - 1 tsps

Interesting! That's much shorter than my recipe, and sounds like it would be thicker, too, if folks are leaving it on overnight! I really need to do a caramel treatment this weekend. :yep: *sigh* I still don't know if I'll have the energy to tweak it, though. *sigh*

Also, if you are making this treatment, I would GREATLY suggest using banana BABY FOOD instead - it's perfectly smooth and creamy, and there is no chance of unpleasant nana chunks in the kinks. :lol:

Lucky's Mom

As well as an average DC? Definitely. As well as one of the super high end, deep treatment, micro-molecule cerimide rich conditioners - most likely not. :lol:

Interesting! That's much shorter than my recipe, and sounds like it would be thicker, too, if folks are leaving it on overnight! I really need to do a caramel treatment this weekend. :yep: *sigh* I still don't know if I'll have the energy to tweak it, though. *sigh*

Also, if you are making this treatment, I would GREATLY suggest using banana BABY FOOD instead - it's perfectly smooth and creamy, and there is no chance of unpleasant nana chunks in the kinks. :lol:

Yep Bananas or the food...:lick: you just gotta WHIP it good!

morehairplease

thanks JustKiya!

BTW, I tried the salt and co mixture and I like it! thanks again for sharing.

Mandy4610

After reading this thread, I would like to try something new. How about Shea butter, Olive oil and Honey? Does that sound like a good DC. I have never tried it, but it sounds to me like something that would work. What do you think?:spinning:

latebloomer

I've used olive oil, coconut oil, crushed garlic or garlic paste and amla oil on dry hair to deep condition, leaves my hair feeling so soft.

I really have to get a fotki sorted, ladies i'm new to the game, how can i post a fotki and ticker thing to my signature..

:)
x

infojunkie

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm going to mix up a deep conditioner for tonight but I don't want any protein in it. I'm going to do a bentonite clay treatment and it acts like a heavy protein treatment so I wanna balance it out with a good moisturizing deep conditioner.

I plan to use:

1 lg jar banana baby food
1 sm jar carrot baby food
mucillage from 5-1 inch cuts of okra boiled in water
coconut milk (or cream if I can find it)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp castor oil

Now my question is, if I add yogurt is yogurt more of a protein or more of a moisturizer? I was thinking about throwing in @ 1/2 cup.

TIA mixstresses for all your help. :yep:

ETA:Nevermind, I think I'll leave the yogurt for when I'm making a protein conditioner.

Last edited:

YankeeCandle

^^^^ Info junkie, that recipe looks wonderful, and hopefully low on protein. I think I might make it. Can I ask what the okra does? Does it act like a gelatin to hold it altogether...and is it protein-free?

I think the coconut milk has some protein in it (according to what I've read), but hopefully not too much.