Homemade Steam for your hair!!!!!!

bri123

I wet a towel but not soaking wet. Then put it into a covered container and put it in the microwave for about 10 minutes. I did this tonight and only left it in for 5 minutes so next time I will put it in longer. Then I took the towel out wrapped my head up and then also put a dry towel over the wet towel and left it on for about 15 minutes or so and then I removed the towels and my hair was so soft. Prior to putting the towel on my hair I put coconut oil in my hair and focused mostly on my ends and did my scalp and worked it through and massaged my scalp and sprayed my hair with the Morroccan Method diamond crystal mist leave in conditioner and it left my hair so soft. This is something I came up with when I don't feel like going to the gym and going in the steam room.

aikaa71

If you have a hooded dryer you can get a good “steaming “ effect by wrapping your hair with a small warm wet towel , cover the towel with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 20 min. That’s how I steam my hair

myco

Here is another trick I learned on Brini Maxwell. (Does anyone know if she is for real?)

Anyway. . . Take a towel and put it in your washing machine on the shortest cycle using only hot water. Let it go through the rinse cycle so all the extra water is removed. By then the towel should be hot, but all the extra water is removed. Then you can take it and wrap it around your head.

Hi Aida,

The steaming helps because heat helps to lift the hair cuticle so that your oils and conditioners penetrate deeper. Also because it's moist as well as being hot, your hair is being surrounded by moisture as well as having the moisture penetrate.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I use my facial steamer for a home steam.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do this?

Ladies, I would think that putting a towel on my hair with conditioner in it would make the towel soak up my conditioner VS the hair getting the conditioner. Please advise.

myco

I thought about that too. Maybe you can let the conditoner get a head start by putting it on with just a plastic cap and no heat for like 10 minutes. Then you can take off the plastic cap and add the steamed towel.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I apply my conditioner, clip my hair up then sit over my facial steamer for 20 minutes with a towel over my head...the same way I would to steam my face.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I apply my conditioner, clip my hair up then sit over my facial steamer for 20 minutes with a towel over my head...the same way I would to steam my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I may have to try that one

aprilbiz

When my Grandmother used to give me hot oil treatments she would put the conditioner on my hair, wrap a small wet warm towel around my head, put a plastic cap on my head and then a heat cap. I'd stay under there for about 20-30 (I think).

When Granny was doing my hair it was the healthiest and longest it has ever been.

bri123

Hi Soulchild,
Sorry for the delay. I am liking the products kind of expensive. I have started using the Pine Shale shampoo and the Diamiond mist spray leave in and I am liking it.
I can't afford all of their products reasons on a strict budget. Makes my hair soft.