Honey hair??

Victoria44

I've been thinking about incorporating honey into my deep conditioning.

i already use my regular deep conditioner, and EVCO, but with the honey do you just slap it on? and should it go above or under the coconut oil? does it even matter?

i just want to make sure i'm not wasting the honey by using it in the wrong ways

and can anyone explain WHY honey is a good deep conditioning treatment

TIA :)

Krystle~Hime

I've been thinking about incorporating honey into my deep conditioning.

i already use my regular deep conditioner, and EVCO, but with the honey do you just slap it on? and should it go above or under the coconut oil? does it even matter?

i just want to make sure i'm not wasting the honey by using it in the wrong ways

and can anyone explain WHY honey is a good deep conditioning treatment

TIA :)

Honey is a nice humectant, that means it attracts and retains moisture, and it has becoming very popular by incorporating in DC mixture !!! it will help a lot for bringing moisture to hair
I know that when you heat honey, it can erase some benefits so be careful when you heat your mixture in microwave, like trying to add honey after, at the end.
just a big tablespoon of honey will put your DC game up ! :yep:

Victoria44

I know that when you heat honey, it can erase some benefits so be careful when you heat your mixture in microwave, like trying to add honey after, at the end.

Thank you ! So are you saying i SHOULD heat it, just not using the microwave? I shouldn't use it straight from the bottle? too thick?

Krystle~Hime

Thank you ! So are you saying i SHOULD heat it, just not using the microwave? I shouldn't use it straight from the bottle? too thick?

usually I do my mixture, heat it 10 secondes in the microwave.
the best will be adding honey AFTER that, the hot oils will heat honey naturally. because honey is too much sensitive for being heat in the microwave.
don't worry about the thickness. after mixing it will be smoothier:yawn:

Mrs. Verde

I have used honey and molasses in my DCs. I don't heat mine. I just pour into a bowl and mix it with the DC/oils.

Krystle~Hime

I have used honey and molasses in my DCs. I don't heat mine. I just pour into a bowl and mix it with the DC/oils.

I've tried heating molasses and it was a big disaster.
I just heat oils 5/10 secondes, and add after that everything that's honey/molasses kind.

I use honey in my DC and it is amazing. Def a staple of mine....
I usually heat up my oils and then add the honey to the oil. Heating the oils is just like doing a hot oil treatment on your hair.

SLOGRO

I'm a honey lover I luv it on my deep condish. It work wonderfully to moisturize my hair and help keeps the moisture in. I just add it to my condish with 1-2 oils to deep condish my hair weekly.

Victoria44

I use honey in my DC and it is amazing. Def a staple of mine....
I usually heat up my oils and then add the honey to the oil. Heating the oils is just like doing a hot oil treatment on your hair.

i can heat oils in the microwave? or is there a better way to do it

kellistarr

I use molasses too. My hair is really shiny when I DC with it and super silky afterwards. I also add the molasses to my DC on dry hair, too. I then rinse it out and shampoo and condition and I get the same great results. I just add the molasses to my Dc, one tablespoonful. I don't heat the mixture.

Krystle~Hime

heating oils won't take away from their benefits?

it depends on the oils, AND also there are no risks if you don't heat it up at more then 70°celsius.
these oils are
safflower oil, hemp oil, evening primrose oil, raspberry oil, kukui oil and rose hip oil

so if you use one of these oils, simply add it after, in your mixture.

ps(off da subject) : these oils are also very sensitive to oxydation, so adding E vitamin and keeping them at fridge will help as a natural preservative

iri9109

i heat a cup of hot water in a cup in the microwave and then take it out put the oils in a little color applicator bottle and sit the bottle in the cup for a few minutes until the oils heat up...i do that for a hot oil treatment, but for DCs i just mix the oils and honey w/ condish and dont heat it