Hooded Dryer

toinette

Tricking the president
ok, my hooded dryer broke, literally. so i need to get a new one. give me some recs and not too expensive because i cant roller-set. all i really need it for is to deep-condition and for protein treatments.

sky_blu

Ok this is not answering your question but between the Gold N Hot dryer and the Pibbs 514 (which I keep hearing about and is more expensive) whats the difference???

Bmm

Sky blu,

I have a floor dryer ( I believe that is what the Pibbs is) Mine is tall floor dryer, black with long hood, a timer, and it goes up to 70 degrees . It cost about 127.00 that is including tax. I brought it right out of a beauty supply store....you can get them in most BSS in Brooklyn. The only thing is mine is called Pro tools.

I didn't want a small dryer only because I have a hard time getting it to cover my head with out sitting it on books and all this extra stuff just to dry my hair. My pro tools adjusts in height. Plus it has more features...which isnt all that inportant if you just use it for condtioner, and hot oill treatments.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I would also like to recommend ION hood dryer. I purchased mine at Sallys and the store clerk recommended the ION brand over the Gold N Hot hood dryer because of ION hood dryer has more watts and more settings.

sky_blu

Bmm said:
Sky blu,

I have a floor dryer ( I believe that is what the Pibbs is) Mine is tall floor dryer, black with long hood, a timer, and it goes up to 70 degrees . It cost about 127.00 that is including tax. I brought it right out of a beauty supply store....you can get them in most BSS in Brooklyn. The only thing is mine is called Pro tools.

I didn't want a small dryer only because I have a hard time getting it to cover my head with out sitting it on books and all this extra stuff just to dry my hair. My pro tools adjusts in height. Plus it has more features...which isnt all that inportant if you just use it for condtioner, and hot oill treatments.

Cool. That what I want a floor dryer because I have that same problem. It so much of a task with adjusting it.

Allandra

sky_blu said:
Cool. That what I want a floor dryer because I have that same problem. It so much of a task with adjusting it.
I have a table top dryer that I can adjust at any height I want it to be (by placing it on my ironing board). Yes, I said it, my ironing board. :lol: It works great (especially when I'm on the computer or watching tv)!

ccd

Allandra said:
I have a table top dryer that I can adjust at any height I want it to be (by placing it on my ironing board). Yes, I said it, my ironing board. :lol: It works great (especially when I'm on the computer or watching tv)!

:lol:....ok, been there too!

baglady215

I have the ION Soft Bonnet dryer... the one that looks like an astronaut helmet. :lol: It works though. It was $30 at Sally's.

Lorraine

I purchased mine from Sally's Beauty Supply. I believe it was pretty cheap compared to the rest out there. They have a web site as well. I'm not sure of the URL but you can google it.

MomofThreeBoys

I have that but am now a proud owner of a Pibbs. Only problem I had with the ION was that they were very few ways to adjust the height and angle of the Bonnet.
baglady215 said:
I have the ION Soft Bonnet dryer... the one that looks like an astronaut helmet. :lol: It works though. It was $30 at Sally's.

alibi

hair bored
I'm actually selling my Hot Tools Ion hood dryer if anyone's interested. :look: I've only used it once or twice, but I don't need it b/c I don't dry my hair anymore. PM me if interested.;)