NATURAL LADIES: What type of HOODED DRYER do you use?

Sunshine0801

I don't own a hooded dryer, nor do I apply direct heat to my hair, but I am considering purchasing a hooded dryer for protein treatments. I may use it for rollersets and DC treatments too, but can't think of anything else I would use it for.

What type of hooded dryer do you all use? I thought about a Pibbs, but I don't know if I would use it enough to justify the price.

vslady

Well to quote MtAiryHoney:

"Keep in mind that the Pibbs is not just for rollersets. It can also be used for DCs, Hot Oil treatments, braidouts, wraps, bantu knot drying, drying your hair that you wet and slicked down into a ponytail, and God knows what else- it's not just for rollersets. You ever heard of dressing for the job you want, not the job you have?? Well, get the tools for the hair you want (and WILL get), not for the length you have- even though this is beneficial to whatever length you have. Hope this helps your decision:yep:"

inthepink

I'm natural and right now I use a bonnet dryer by Ion - it's the space suit looking one. I like it but would also like to get a Pibbs for quicker drying and the space for larger rollers.

SeatownSista

I don't have a hooded dryer but I have Carel bonnet dryer which I like better over the hooded dryer. I got it for less than $40 at Sally's. I only use it to DC.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
I am texlaxed. I bought a conair stand dryer for $99 from Sallys and I love it. I was going to get the pibbs, but I didn't want a dryer that has an airflow that pulls you hair up as it dries. You have to wear a hair net with the pibbs and I needed a dryer that would let me dry my wash and go in the winter. Having to put a net over my hair would squish the curl pattern. I think that natural hair might have the same problem.

Sunshine0801

I am texlaxed. I bought a conair stand dryer for $99 from Sallys and I love it. I was going to get the pibbs, but I didn't want a dryer that has an airflow that pulls you hair up as it dries. You have to wear a hair net with the pibbs and I needed a dryer that would let me dry my wash and go in the winter. Having to put a net over my hair would squish the curl pattern. I think that natural hair might have the same problem.

Does your dryer have a temperature setting on it?

berry87

I use a Gold n' Hot. It's old and I'm too cheap :lachen:to buy another one.

I had a lady Daisy hair dryer for years...and you know Ms Daisy was old.:lachen: She retired about a year ago and a half ago. I've been using my heating cap since but, I really need a hood dryer for better Deep Cons:yep:

adw425

I have the ION soft bonnet one, too --the space cadet looking thing. THat thing actually throws out some heat much to my surprise. I have been toying with the idea of buying a stand dryer, but decided not to since I always air dry and only use the the dryer for conditioning. I just bought a micro heat cap, though, because I thought that might work better for conditioning.

nappity

I have a salon dryer that I bought off ebay- Belvedere Mega and a Pibbs 514. The Pibbs is quieter. I cant rollerset- but I use it for pre-ppos- deep conditioning, cassia, and coloring.

Lotus

I have a salon dryer that I bought off ebay- Belvedere Mega and a Pibbs 514. The Pibbs is quieter. I cant rollerset- but I use it for pre-ppos- deep conditioning, cassia, and coloring.

Do you use the hair net w/yours as well? If not, does it suck your hair up into the fan?

missnappylady

I use this one:

It's works pretty well and it's cheap.