Hot oill Treatments

Integrity

since jojoba is similar to our scalp oils (sebum) i would have to vote for that. it is also non-greasy and your hair just absorbs it.

notsomebody

I agree with Pebbles, jojoba is one of the best oils that you can use for a hot oil treatment. You can also use Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil (my preference), or castor oil. It really depends on what you prefer.

Now when you get into Essential oils, you have to remember that they are extremely concentrated so you would only want to use a little with one of the oils above.
Tea Tree is really good for the scalp. Rosemary is very stimulating and is good for growth, there are a ton of essential oils out there that are really good. Just be sure to mix essentials with some type of carrier. Also, some people have bad reactions to some of the stronger oils (rosemary tingles, but sometimes it burns depending on how sensitive your scalp is) so you should always start out with small amounts until you find just the right blend.

candychild45

okay thats good, i recently purchased some and i wanted to do a hot oil treatment on friday but was unsure of which one would be best.. Thanks. I love this board, you guys are absolutely wonderful.

Integrity

notsomebody, unfortunately i am not pebbles!!

Happy Birthday, by the way, Notsomebody!!! /images/graemlins/birthday2.gif

ms_kenesha

Re: Hot oil Treatments

I am going to do a scalp oil treatment using jojoba and rosemary oil. Since rosemary promotes growth and jojoba is closest to sebum I think this is the best scalp oil treatment you can do. If you are going to do this part your hair into sections and apply the oil mixture to your scalp (use a bottle with an applicator tip) and then follow this with a scalp massage (preferably given to you by someone else! /images/graemlins/smile.gif) then do a wash or con-wash.
HTH

Julia

I have tried Jojoba oil, and it was okay. Tried EV olive oil, it was okay. BUTTT this weekend when I tried this combo for the first time castor oil, mixed with a little grapeseed oil and rosemary essential oil, OMG!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif My hair come out nice, black and SHINEY!! I will definately be doing this. I did it because I am on week 13 of my relaxer and castor oil is supposed to be good for extending your relaxing time. I air dried in 5 ponytails with x-large rollers on the ends. I had no idea the results would be so amazing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlkMane

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif OMG! Julia! I was just getting ready to post about
my castor oil hot oil treatment I did two days ago and then I saw
your post! I agree!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CASTOR OIL IS AMAZING!!!!

I mixed approximately 4 oz. of castor oil with several drops of Sage and Rosemary Oils. Parted
my hair in four sections coated all my hair with it and massaged my scalp. I put my hair in four
buns, put on a plastic cap and scarf and went to bed. The next day I washed, conditioned with
cholesterol (no heat) and roller set.

When I took out my rollers the first thing I noticed was that my highlights were much more pronounced
then usual. (I have brown highlights in black hair). That oil treatment REALLY
added some bling bling to my hair color. It was shiny, too.

hairfanatic

A lot of people use jojoba oil, but the best that has worked for me is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It's inexpensive and I can always find it in the grocery store.

Ebony

Hmmmmm....this is all sounding too good. I use virgin olive oil too because it is natural and inexpensive and works. You can be sure though that I will be pasting this topic in the "Oils to try" section of my hair notebook /images/graemlins/smile.gif! yes, i seriously have one /images/graemlins/cool.gif! i have three pc monitors and all were covered with stickies and it was just getting ridiculous /images/graemlins/tongue.gif!