Hot oils treatment users......

Britt

I am going to try using a hot oil treatment before I wash hair. I did some research on the internet and saw lots of beneficial uses of jojoba oil. Well, I bought some and it is nice and light. I was wondering, how long do u leave the hot oil in as a preshampoo treatment? Is 30minutes long enough? Also, do any of u dampen the hair when applying it ? I want the oil to penetrate not just sit on the hair. HELP

KinksnCurlz

As my preshampoo treatment, I use EVOO and honey (i might throw in a little jojoba oil) warmed in the microwave for 1 minute. I lightly spray my hair with water so it's slightly damp but not dripping wet. I apply the oil starting from ends to roots. I pile the hair atop my head, put on a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 20 minutes (or warm up a towel and place that over my cap). I leave that on for an 30 min/hour depending on how much time I have with frequent warming of the towel (at least 3 times). So yes, to answer your questions, 30 minutes is enough time.

JenJen2721

For me jojoba oil was too expensive to use by itself for hot oil treatments. I mix some with extra virgin olive oil and honey and it works pretty well.

I use jojoba oil as a finisher on my hair right before walking out the door (in place of oil sheen). It leaves a nice healthy sheen to it. For extra shine, I mix a little of it with my serum.

kreeme

[ QUOTE ]
For me jojoba oil was too expensive to use by itself for hot oil treatments. I mix some with extra virgin olive oil and honey and it works pretty well.

I use jojoba oil as a finisher on my hair right before walking out the door (in place of oil sheen). It leaves a nice healthy sheen to it. For extra shine, I mix a little of it with my serum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found some Jojoba Hot Oil treatment at the bss for $3.49. You get about 10-12 hot oil treatments out of it depending on how much you use. It comes in a 8oz bottle. How much of the honey do you add to your olive oil? I want to try that one day.

JenJen2721

Kreeme,
Is it 100% pure jojoba?

I just add about 1 TBSP of honey. Check out the recipes on the hair recipe board.

Jen