HOUSTON...we have a problem!

dachsies_rule!

And the problem is, i'm tired of driving to San Antonio to get my relaxer every 8 weeks. I've tried about 6 different stylists in Houston since i moved here, and i haven't found a decent one yet.

I know there has to be someone here who knows of a decent beautician who won't:

-overprocess your hair
-have you sitting all day in the shop
-try to trim 3 or more inches off

I remember awhile back some of the ladies said they had good luck at the JC Penneys salons.

Any recommmendations? TIA

sqzbly1908

Hi DR...I went to Charlene - she is very good and she listens as well as advises (good advice)...the last time I went to her I got a Phytorelaxer...she is big on texlaxing. She definitely sticks to her schedule.

I will be going to her toward the end of April for a haircut since I am self-relaxing now

CurlyMe08

You can try my lady, she's located behind Almeda Mall shes a Dominican Stylist named Betty 832.887.6908 I am a current client and just about every woman I know has switched to her and thus far we have been loving our results :)

hair4romheaven

My advice...stick with what u know. I use to travel to NYC to get relaxers from ATL. I got tired of it and did they same thing you did. Found out about a BOARD RENOWNED stylist only to have her comb a SUPER relaxer thru my ends resulting in thin, over processed hair!! I was 8mnths post when I went to her but I thought she would know a texl-ax since she was all over the boards but NOOOO! I learned my lesson.
If you find someone new watch em like a hawk!! LOL no really like a hawk! ;-) good luck!

Ediese

Hi DR...I went to Charlene - she is very good and she listens as well as advises (good advice)...the last time I went to her I got a Phytorelaxer...she is big on texlaxing. She definitely sticks to her schedule.

I will be going to her toward the end of April for a haircut since I am self-relaxing now

I went to Charlene too, and I liked her. If I ever want my hair pressed again, I'll definitely go to her. If I could afford getting my hair done every two weeks, I'd love to use her.

Also, about her schedule, sqzbly is so right. I think she charges a fee if you're late. I don't remember if this is only for repeat clients though. Just be cognizant of that.

dachsies_rule!

You can try my lady, she's located behind Almeda Mall shes a Dominican Stylist named Betty 832.887.6908 I am a current client and just about every woman I know has switched to her and thus far we have been loving our results :)

How is she for sticking to her schedule...i hate to be at shops for 3 or more hours.