How about some cute streching styles?

Moonxyz

Im stretching and my hair looks HAM :nono:

I plan on holding out for a month but DO NOT like the idea of going out looking a mess.

can anyone recommend some cute; easy ; stretch friendly hairstyles?

im tired of my same old bun and my edges arent cooperating :perplexed

thanks.

babyleaf

I am right there with you sister! My hair is only 6 weeks post relaxer and my edges are already a hot mess!!!!! Either my hair grows ultra fast ( i doubt this option), or it is kinkier than I thought...lol

So, I need to know what I can do for the next 4 weeks. don't think get a relaxe:egypt:r more often than every 10 weeks is really necessary....even though my edges are on fire....lol

prospurr4

Im stretching and my hair looks HAM :nono:

I plan on holding out for a month but DO NOT like the idea of going out looking a mess.

can anyone recommend some cute; easy ; stretch friendly hairstyles?

im tired of my same old bun and my edges arent cooperating :perplexed

thanks.

I know whatcha sayin'. During my latter weeks post relaxer, I wear spiral sets a lot (pic in siggy and more in fotki, including "how to do it"); they last all week, even during my workouts, and most importantly, HIDE THOSE EDGES!

OT: Based on your siggy, I'm guessing that you follow tennis. I am an AVID tennis fan; I finally got the tennis channel this summer.:grin:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I tried this one this weekend with a headwrap that widens:

http://www.essence.com/essence/photogallery/0,14168,1629819-8,00.html

My hair is 6wks post, and the headwrap helped to flatten the little bit of new growth I have. I pushed it back to look like the pic, but I'll widen it to cover the whole front to hide/flatten the new growth as the weeks progress.

Last edited:

Moonxyz

I know whatcha sayin'. During my latter weeks post relaxer, I wear spiral sets a lot (pic in siggy and more in fotki, including "how to do it"); they last all week, even during my workouts, and most importantly, HIDE THOSE EDGES!

OT: Based on your siggy, I'm guessing that you follow tennis. I am an AVID tennis fan; I finally got the tennis channel this summer.:grin:

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill check out your fotki :yep:

and yes I love tennis :grin: and i am a big Nadal stan.

Moonxyz

how about corn roll braids, or weaves, or wigs?

im not a big fan of fake hair :sad: and if I were to wear a weave; my nappy edges would make blending impossible :nono:

http://www.essence.com/essence/photo...9819-8,00.html

My hair is 6wks post, and the headwrap helped to flatten the little bit of new growth I have. I pushed it back to look like the pic, but I'll widen it to cover the whole front to hide/flatten the new growth as the weeks progress.

what do you mean by headwrap? is it a sort of headband?

Danichoo

coming up to 8 weeks post and ,y roots ar thick, my edges lay flat so when i do a braid out its straight, then curly then my ends are straight...I look like this

_~_

!!!

Im loving the wide head band look I could do that , in fact ill do it now....

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
im not a big fan of fake hair :sad: and if I were to wear a weave; my nappy edges would make blending impossible :nono:

what do you mean by headwrap? is it a sort of headband?
Yes, it's similar. It's all fabric--no plastic band to break. Headbands give me headaches.

I like the satin/silk-like ones or the ones that tie.

Last edited:

bluevalentine

http://www.essence.com/essence/photogallery/0,14168,1629819-8,00.html

that is such a cute look. i might have a headband laying around somewhere that might do the trick, cause my newgrowth is SCREAMING right about now. and i have 4 more weeks to go :perplexed

Moonxyz

Yes, it's similar. It's all fabric--no plastic band to break. Headbands give me headaches.

I like the satin/silk-like ones or the ones that tie.

yeah ive seen these before.
noce idea :yep:

@ prospurr4 I saw your tutorial and it got me itching to buy some small rollersets.
when I saw the hairstyle in your siggy I thaught no way i can do that

and your hair looks really good for someone for no heat.
I do no heat too with very different results :sad:

asubeauty