How are You using the Aloe Vera Juice....

How are You using Aloe Vera Juice

• Add it to Conditioner for a DC

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Spritz Moisture Mix

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Do Both Options 1 and 2

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To soothe my scalp after a sew-in! Also on the scalp daily for the weeks Im wearing my weave up styles...... This eliminates the "breakage" that results from weeks of braided up "dry" hair. Also, this doesn't leave the weave hair oily, it's awesome!:grin:

I'been using in a spritz...

Aloe Vera juice
Vegetable glycerin
Distilled water
Jojoba Oil

I forgot to add my essential oils...

I added the gel to my shea butter moisturizer for my twists...

I spritz on my twists at night and do a full head baggy.
My hair stays moist all day and I end up suffering from HIH.
The edges are never as moist as the rest of my hair and I figure it's the bag slipping back with the scarf and exposing my edges to madness while I sleep!!!!

Last edited:
I will add some SAA to mind. Thanks Mook!

This is the same brand I use. I picked up the gallon for a little under 25.00 bucks. (at Vitamin Shopp)

What? This is a Vitamin Shopp too? Man, I just won't ever learn...I bought at Wholefoods! Well my next purchase of this will NOT be there.
*crossing my arms and pouting*

What? This is a Vitamin Shopp too? Man, I just won't ever learn...I bought at Wholefoods! Well my next purchase of this will NOT be there.
*crossing my arms and pouting*

Trader Joe's sells a gallon for $7.99.

i tried using aloe vera juice + water as a daily moisturizing spritz, sealing with an oil. it worked at first but then i found that my hair was breaking like crazy. when i stopped using it on a daily basis, my hair stopped breaking as much.

my hair usually reacts this way to protein, as it is very protein sensitive. so, my questions are: even though aloe vera juice is moisturizing, does it not contain protein as well? are you ladies still using aloe vera juice in your moisturizing spritz with good results?

Aloe vera contains protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B12 and E, essential fatty acids and is naturally rich in:

Vitamin C which helps maintain tone of blood vessels and promotes good circulation and is essential to the health of the adrenal gland which supports our body in times of stress.

Amino acids which are chains of atoms constructing protein in our body.

Enzymes, which are the life-principle in every live, organic atom and molecule of natural raw food, rejuvenate aged tissues and promote healthy skin.

Germanium which is a mineral that some health authorities claim therapeutic benefits for: immunodeficiency, pain, cardiac disorders, circulatory disturbances and eye problems.

This was taken from this site. I use Aloe Juice every day Ackee, and I haven't experienced any breakage, my hair is better moisturized than any store moisturizer I have purchased to date. All hair is different though, maybe yours doesn't like it that much. I pair the Aloe Juice with humectants such as Panthenol, Sodium Lactate, and Lecithin, so maybe there is enough moisture in the mix, to curb any effects from the proteins...HTH..

Hi Ladies, Quick question, Which Brand of Aloe Vera Juice do you use?
Thank You in advance!

This was taken from this site. I use Aloe Juice every day Ackee, and I haven't experienced any breakage, my hair is better moisturized than any store moisturizer I have purchased to date. All hair is different though, maybe yours doesn't like it that much. I pair the Aloe Juice with humectants such as Panthenol, Sodium Lactate, and Lecithin, so maybe there is enough moisture in the mix, to curb any effects from the proteins...HTH..

thanks, GG. i knew that aloe vera juice had to have some protein in it. i am going to experiment with the ingredients in your moisturizing spritz, decreasing the amount of aloe vera juice i use and see what happens. no store bought moisturizer has been working for me consistently either

Hi Ladies, Quick question, Which Brand of Aloe Vera Juice do you use?
Thank You in advance!

i bought (and i think a lot of other ladies on the forum bought) trader joe's aloe vera juice. it's about $8 for a gallon of aloe vera juice

thanks, GG. i knew that aloe vera juice had to have some protein in it. i am going to experiment with the ingredients in your moisturizing spritz, decreasing the amount of aloe vera juice i use and see what happens. no store bought moisturizer has been working for me consistently either

I tried the aloe vera glycerin rosewater mix and it dried out my hair too. I figured it contained protein so maybe I need to adjust my mix and add other moisturizing ingredients as well.

can plain aloe vera juice be used as a moisturizing spritz. I don't have access to anything but that right now. The only thing I can buy on base is the juice(my avj,rosewater and glycerin have been on the way in the mail for almost a month now :sad:)

I apply it directly to my NG in a small applicator bottle...
I mix it with my DC KC Humecto....
I apply it directly to my scalp via an applicator bottle mix of:
Amla Oil
Brahmi Amla Oil
Maka Oil
Shikakai Oil
100% AVJ

I am currently experimenting with aloe vera as a leave-in conditioner/detangler. I have an aloe vera plant growing in my yard, and I took some of it's leaves, brought it to a boil, and steeped some white tea and rose hips tea in with it. Then I mixed it with about 2 tablespoons of honey and 2-3 tablespoons of Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and refrigerated. I will be trying it out tomorrow as a leave-in after I wash and DC.

Bumping...

I bought some aloe vera juice from Vitamin Shoppe today (George's brand I think)... and was trying to figure out the best way to use it.

Back