Is this aloe vera juice okay?

keepithealthy

Hey, I was in the store earlier this evening and decided to buy some aloe vera juice since my bottle was getting low. I usually buy the Lily of The Valley brand from the health store. I picked up Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Juice but I'm just reading the bottle now and finding out that it's the wild berry brand. So I am wondering if this would be safe to use on my hair. I mostly use my aloe vera juice to do the kimmay style leave in.

It states that it contains 95.75% Aloe Vera

Here are the ingredients
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (From Concentrate), Fructose, Natural Flavors (Contains Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Elderberry & Raspberry Juices), Pruple Carrot Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (A Food Preservative At 1/10 Of 1%).

Thanks

[

Last edited:

Kn0ttyByNatur3

I don't use aloe vera things for my hair, but from looking at the ingredients of the bottle, I would say no for your hair.

But it sounds like a delicious drink, lolll. :lick:

frizzy

I would say no for the hair, that fructose would make it a sticky sweet mess, plus the coloring from the berry juice might look like a Kool-aid dye job on your hair and skin.

Drink up! :cheers:

keepithealthy

The ingredients read like a drink rather than something for your hair.
Can you exchange it?

Thanks that's what I was thinking.....I just found the receipt. I was thinking of buying this instead at Walgreens.

It's $12 for 128oz compared to $5.00 for 16oz at the health food store.

keepithealthy

the hell is a purple carrot?

Tamster lol lol:lol: I had to look it up

Many people are unfamiliar to the purple carrot; its roots date back 5,000 years ago in the area now known as Afghanistan. Although the purple carrot may be the precursor in the carrot world, it is still widely undervalued. This is a disgrace as this darker colored carrot is highly nutritious and promotes many healthy benefits to consumers.

Nutritional data of purple carrot:

Carbohydrates
Sugars
Dietary fiber
Fat
Protein
Vitamins
Vitamin A
Thiamine (Vit. B1)
Riboflavin (Vit. B2)
Niacin (Vit. B3)
Vitamin B6
Folate (Vit. B9)
Vitamin C
Minerals
Calcium
Iron
Magnesium
Potassium
Sodium
Phosphorus
With above nutrients, it also contains anthrocyanins, pigments that are extremely effective antioxidants that destroy very harmful free radicals in the body and so much damage in bodies is prevented. These pigments also slow dangerous blood clots within the body and so safe guarding the heart further.

link to info: http://www.sweetadditions.net/food-drinks/purple-carrots-wiki-health-benefits

So purple carrot seems to be very nutritional!
......on second thought I think I will keep it and go ahead and drink it! Thanks ladies

keepithealthy

I would say no for the hair, that fructose would make it a sticky sweet mess, plus the coloring from the berry juice might look like a Kool-aid dye job on your hair and skin.

Drink up! :cheers:

frizzy I was thinking isn't high fructose..sugar. I didn't even think about the dye and I recently bleached my hair so that would have bee an interesting look!:nono:

AKA-Tude

Thanks that's what I was thinking.....I just found the receipt. I was thinking of buying this instead at Walgreens.

This is the one I use for my hair.

LOVES IT!!

Makes it soft...:yep:

amwcah

I use this one when I make my fruit smoothies and as a facial toner. I purchased mine from Walmart.