How Do I Get My Hair in a Bun? Please Help...

HairPhoenix

Ladies,

I can't seem to get my bun right. I usually do a bun with a scrunchie. I pull my hair back, secure it like a ponytail with the scrunchie, twist the loose hair up, wrap the hair into a bun, and secure the very tip by tucking it into the scrunchie. Now this holds my hair in place, but it can't be right!! :whyme: My ends keep drying up. :mad:

Can someone give me some instructions... please?! :(

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I usually put my hair into a ponytail using a scruntchie, then I wrap the hair around the scruntchie and secure it with a ponytail holder.

In her Fotki, dontspeakdefeat has a good explanation on how to make a bun if your hair is shorter and someone else, in their fotki, explains how to make a bun donut using socks....I think its cincybrownsugar. You can find their albums in their profiles.

Isis

I love braided buns - so simple. I make a loose braid in the back (or on the side), tuck the ends under and pin with a Good Hair Days pin. Then I may put a silk or satin scrunchie over it. Here is a hair pic I took earlier this year where I tied a silk ribbon around it.

Last edited:
Isis said:
I love braided buns - so simple. I make a loose braid in the back (or on the side), tuck the ends under and pin with a Good Hair Days pin. Then I may put a silk or satin scrunchie over it. Here is a hair pic I took earlier this year where I tied a silk ribbon around it.

I'm going to have to get some Good Hair Days pins if I can find some. I'm always doing the loose braid and tucking my hair under. I use a scrunchie without pinning it. Pinning it would help keep things in place.

Cincysweetie

I used to have a lot of probs with my buns, but I found that the key is the Good Days Hair Pins (the open bobby pins). When I use these, I don't even have to put my hair into a ponytail with a scrunchie unless I went a tighter hold. Anyway, I just twist up the length, wrap it around at the nape, tuck the ends in, and secure the bun with 2 or 3 pins.