How do I get rid of these CRISPY CRUNCH ENDS???

Mocha5

Ladies, I have been reading your posts constantly. Great info! I have started bunning. I have been bunning with half air dried hair after cowashing and moisturizing. Problem is when I take it down my ends are AWFUL! Way too dry. What should I do? Not sure if bagggying would eliminate this. If so, can someone pls explain the process. Also, I am going to beauty supply tomorrow (WHOOHOO!), any suggestions on what I should buy for these crispy, crunch ends? :eek:

dreysonsmommy2011

Hey Mocha5, Just wondering what do you put on your ends when you airdry? I airdry my hair also... I put Elasta QP mango butter on my ends and then seal with EVOO. My ends look well when i do this. You can try the baggy method which does help IMO. Basically when you do the baggy method you put your hair in a pony then apply your moisturizer/conditioner(which ever you choose) seal with the oil of your choice and then place a plastic sandwich bag(I use a plastic cap,it's easier) and your done.

Since your ends are "crispy crunch" I would say to make sure that you are moisturizing them

Last edited:

God's Anointed

I was definitely going to suggest the Elasta QP Mango Butter too. Also i know some ladies here had success using castor oil to seal in moisture...maybe the ends need more moisture.

shunta

Profectiv Healthy Ends should work well, too. At this point, any cream moisturizer would work well IMO:)

blue_flower

I partially air dry my hair too. I've tried just putting lotion and stuff on my ends, but that never did anything. I put my hair into plaits, put hair lotion or vaseline on the ends of my damp hair, and then I roll them up with perm rods. My ends are smoothed out when I do this, so they're not crispy or crunchy.

Bosslady1

I agree. You might need a trim. If not then try the baggy method at night. In the morning your ends should have soak up enough moisture to last through out the day.

brazenxvirtue

I get the same results when I airdry and bun, unless... 1. My ends are wet when put up and I keep them in a bun until they dry completely (which makes for a long and boring weekend). or 2. I rollerset. Maybe try just rollersetting the ends if you don't want to go through the whole process.

It could be that you might have to trim. But I know with my hair, the ends are never straight because it doesn't relax straight. With airdrying it's harder to keep them from frizzing.

Mocha5

I probably do need a trim. Gonna get that mango butter though. Good thing I'm not going to Sally's until tomorrow. Gonna be waiting on them to open the doors...like a pheen. Thanks for sharing and caring, ladies! :grin: