How do I prevent breakage from my wig cap?

yardyspice

My hair is noticeably shorter around the perimeter exactly where I where my wig cap. I have been using half wigs as my protective style but I may have to stop if I can't figure out how to prevent the breakage. Has anyone else experienced? Any suggestions? The first picture shows the length of the front of my hair and the second the braid immediately behind it.

Attachments

• Photo 22.jpg
    Photo 22.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo 23.jpg
    Photo 23.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
This is exactly why I dont use wig caps- not to mention they give me the worst headaches. I would suggest not wearing one or invest in a men's wave cap, they are usually more silky/satiny then reg wig caps. I have seen these in the BSS for $2-3. Hth.

Girl that second pic. scared the crap out of me.

But I agree with SelfStyled. This may not work for you but I wear my bonnet under my wigs. I usually pull in taut and tuck it under in the back.

Girl that second pic. scared the crap out of me.

But I agree with SelfStyled. This may not work for you but I wear my bonnet under my wigs. I usually pull in taut and tuck it under in the back.

LOL :lachen: I felt the same way! I was like Ooo! Oh whew!

Selfstyled do you think the breakage is more from the material than from the pressure?

It could also be from your pulling on it to fix it and grabbing hair.

I use to get breakage from the caps as well
for me, wig caps seemed too tight and also seemed to be drying my hair out
I now wear a satin headband similar to this

BlackSatinHeadband5.jpg

I just cut it so that it wasn't so long and easy to tuck under the wig

its been bye bye breakage every since

I use a shower cap.:look:

I know that's crazy to some people but it's been working.
Especially when I want to wear my wig while I have conditioner sitting in my hair.
Works wonders.

I don't use wig caps AT ALL. I wear whole wigs.
Satin bonnets under whole wigs work as well.
I don't really know what to suggest while wearing a half wig.

If I were you I would try sewing in a silk/satin material onto the underside of the wig, then you wouldn't have to wear a wig cap at all. I don't think that one has to be very handy with a needle and thread to do that.
HTH.

I use a weave cap, netted cap not like a regular wig cap. I am not sure if it's any better than a wig cap though. I have not noticed breakage, yet.

Back