How do YOU baby your ends?

c*c*chic*

On my quest to healthy hair I've sat and read a lot of posts and sucked up lots of imporant info from you ladies (THANX! ;')) but the one piece of advice that always comes up when trying to retain/gain length and maintain healthy ends is "baby your ends". I see this all the time an I'm curious to know how o you ladies baby your ends-- what products do you use? and what steps do you take? TIA, hhg.

I don't let them get dried out and I'm gentle when combing/styling.

Search for the super healthy ends challenge, there are lots of tips and techniques in there.

What I do every night is moisturize my ends with Long Term Relationship and tuck my ends into a bun 90% of the time. This helped me retain TONS of growth and my ends don't get tangled as much as they used to :yep:

Lately I have been moisturizing my ends every night with NTM and seal with coconut oil or shea butter, then I do a single braid, roll it under and bobby pin it in place. From there I put on a half wig and go.

I moisturize first, apply a few drops of coconut oil to the last 2 inches of hair, then clip hair up, tie on my du-rag and go to bed.:yawn:

Moisturize twice a day
Baggy 3 times a week
Search and Destroy once a week

ETA: Every other day DC on dry hair

Lately I have been moisturizing my ends every night with NTM and seal with coconut oil or shea butter, then I do a single braid, roll it under and bobby pin it in place. From there I put on a half wig and go.

I really like this! Now that I've been rocking a half wig I didn't know what to do with the hair in my ponytail! Tysm

After I was and condition/detangle (fingers) I scrunch in castor oil or a butter (or a mix) right over the conditioner on my ends and up some of the hair shaft. Let that sit, then cold water rinse and style. If I'm wearing my hair without wetting it over several days, I scrunch in a little Afroveda Moringa leave in and Qhemet Olive Honey Hydrating balm. At night I'll put in a pony puff if I'm wearing it out the next day. If I'm bunningg the next day I'll do large bantu knots using some Curl Junkie Aloe fix on dry hair, and sleep in that. Or I'll do 5-6 large loose twists, smoothing either Aloe Fix or Afroveda Curly pudding on the dry ends, smoothing down ends with wet hands and finish twisting.

My ends are especially fragile because they are the only part of my hair that's still colored. I'm still in transition with new growth gray and colored hair.

Last edited:
1. I wear my hair free under a bonnet and silk scarf at night.
2. I moisturize and seal (Long term relationship, avocado/brahmi oil).
3. I wear a bun 90 percent of the time.
4. I comb only with a lot of conditioner.

WGHO,Vaseline,Vaseline and Vaseline!!
it works miracles man i know petroleum/vaseline works for me i dont care
who says petroleum is bad for your hair lol!!

On wash day, as a part of my routine I coat my ends with a creamy moisturizer (e.g. Ellin Lavar, Rusk, AfroVeda Miss Bhree). I comb my hair down from a point on the crown in all directions. Then I go around and apply the moisturizer generously to ALL of my ends (bangs, sides, back). I then coat that with a light layer of coconut oil (e.g. EVCO, Hairveda Vatika frosting).

Nightly I mist my ends with a liquid leave-in (e.g. Dove, Pantene) and apply another light layer of coconut oil.

I use flexirods to curl my hair up and keep my ends off of my clothes. Or I put my hair in a french twist so the ends are tucked away. I check weekly for split ends (which I never find). But I am not above going in for a dusting if need be. Trying to hold on to split ends for the sake of length is just stupid IMHO, and will do more harm than good.

HTH and HHG!

That's how I baby my ends.

Back