How do you deal with your hair on holiday/vacation?!?!

Hey Ladies,

Im still quite new to this so bear with me....

But i was wondering how you all look after your hair when you go on holiday/vacation to a hot climate!?!

I'm currently relaxed and bunning, but I'm going to Tenerife in Spain in a few months and I'm worried that because it will be so hot my hair will suffer (last time i went on holiday my hair was so so dry because of the heat) :(

Obviously when your on holiday you want nice hair for photos and you don't always have all the products, tools, time etc to dedicate to your hair like you would at home. I really hope someone can help, I've thought about rows, weave, braids but to be honest I just don't know.

Any ideas, tips, advice, or just your own experiences would be amazing :D

mikimix

Every summer I go to the Caribbean (because that's where I'm from). It's too hot to wear it down like I usually do, so I normally just airdry it and wear it in a ponytail. I've never had the heat dry out my hair though.

Every summer I go to the Caribbean (because that's where I'm from). It's too hot to wear it down like I usually do, so I normally just airdry it and wear it in a ponytail. I've never had the heat dry out my hair though.

I have never really known how to take care of my hair until recently, and i'm still learning, maybe i was not keeping it moisturised enough? I just don't want my hard work to go to waste :)

mikimix

Yeah, moisturise it everyday, in the morning when you're styling it and then in the evening before you put on your wrap. But you should be doing this anyway

RegaLady

Yeah, moisturise it everyday, in the morning when you're styling it and then in the evening before you put on your wrap. But you should be doing this anyway

ITA! I never understood why people think a regime would change when they are on vacation? Couldn't you just cowash, moisterize and bun as you usually do? Or as you stated get some braids? Just no heat, IMO.

thecurlycamshow

I style my hair the same when I'm on vacation. I usually go swimming on vacation but that does not block my regimen. I usually wear a twist-out since I like my hair big on vacation :)

tocktick

I usually had to keep it in puffs and pony tails when I went to Malta last year. When I went to Dubai before then, I had braid extensions so this was the first time leaving my hair out on holiday. I do ponytails but don't do puffs at home. It was just a quick style to do and because I was in the pool much everyday, I had to wash after each time. My hair is quite thick, so pony tails can look a bit messy if I don't tie a scarf on it to smooth my hair down for at least an hour. Towards the end of my stay, I realised tying my hair down when I had so little time to keep it on was so futile.

I'm going to Portugal in a few months, so I'll probably be doing a lot of bohemian-style easy braid 'dos like this with a bit of hair left out at the front or tendrils here and there and a hair band. Probably not to everyone's taste but I like them and do them now mainly when I'm in a massive rush.