How do you get new growth straight

monie20032007

I am going to straighten my hair in a few days for progress pics but I have a lot of new growth because im transitioning, so I need extra help on how I can get my new growth really straight to get an accurate measurement of my hair

P.S. I use the sedu but it seems like i can never get my roots very straight w/ that alone

Thanks

Last edited:

Inches411

I am going to straighten my hair in a few days for progress pics but I have a lot of new growth because im transitioning, so I need extra help on how I can get my new growth really straight to get an accurate measurement of my hair

Thanks

flat iron and use a heat protectant

Forever in Bloom

When I was transitioning, I did a lot of rollersets which made my roots so straight! It made the whole process a lot easier.

Mortons

I'm natural but I use a baby flat iron (3/4th inch flat iron) on my roots. Helps reach in there and get my kinks straight

SoOoNY

I am over 7 months post and my first few months were the hardest getting my hair straight... I used redken smooth down heat serum to flat iron and a lil goes a long way... i put it on wet hair and it helped my NG stay tamed... I also use Cantu Shea Butter gro strong on my edges before i wrap so that it can stay down... its pretty thick so i dont use it on my ends before i wrap or all my hair weighs down...

My theory is the less new growth the harder to tame.. Once i got past 5 months post... it gets just as straight...

HTH