How Do You Ladies Get Your Magnetic Rollers Tight Against the Scalp...

This is a link to a rollersetting tutorial by a Dominican lady, it has drawings and pictures also
I've found that using a rattail comb helps a lot to smooth the ends of the hair un der the roller and hair must be soaking wet, I have my spray bottle on hand and if it dires out abit, I spray to wet it again. Some people tell to not coonect one roller to another, I use 2 clips for each roller on each end and it works for me, smaller sections are good too, and few products

http://www.geocities.com/qreusgurl/Roller.html

heyy great thread!! thanks ladies!:) I'm goin to try to rollerset my hair again....tonight!

Locksof Luv,
I wanted to suggest using the very long bobby pins (I think they are called roller pins). Sally's has them in a jar like container. They hold the rollers tighter than the metal clips (in my opinion) AND rolling your hair up instead of down (especially since your hair is almost bra strap). I have a pic of the roller pins in my fotki. Most of all practice, practice, practice! Heck I don't even use my flat iron any more but its just since last year that I got good enough at it not to need it. AND, I've only just learned how to use the metal clips. They are still not as secure as the roller pins (IMO).

PM me if you have more questions.

simplycee said:
Locksof Luv,
I wanted to suggest using the very long bobby pins (I think they are called roller pins). Sally's has them in a jar like container. They hold the rollers tighter than the metal clips (in my opinion) AND rolling your hair up instead of down (especially since your hair is almost bra strap). I have a pic of the roller pins in my fotki. Most of all practice, practice, practice! Heck I don't even use my flat iron any more but its just since last year that I got good enough at it not to need it. AND, I've only just learned how to use the metal clips. They are still not as secure as the roller pins (IMO).

I'm going to try those pins.

And I think I need bigger rollers, cause normally I do tight curls, but now I want to do loose curls/waves...

The bolded is exactly what I decided to start doing if I decide to rollerset, it seems like it would be easy on the arms. I use to do this when my hair was much shorter.
simplycee said:
Locksof Luv,

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Let's see if this works and help you (you may have to click on the link to make it bigger)

very helpful;)
since my hair has gotten longer it's been harder 4 me 2 rollerset
wait that's a good thing!!!:lol:

simplycee said:
Locksof Luv,

i have these also thanks!

crlsweetie912 said:
Sareca, that's exactly how I was taught in Cosmetology school!

Really? This doesn't seem to be what most people experience. I always assumed stylists were taught it was Ok to overlap. :confused:

Locksofluv, great questions as always...

This is great! i've been doing rollersets for the last little while and I am getting a tiny bit better each time....as everyone said practice makes perfect.

simplycee said:
Locksof Luv,

Okay! Thanks you so much. I need to check these out. I remember someone talking about these a while ago. The thing that sucks about me is I rollerset all of about 3-4 times a year. So I hardly get any practice. I just need to make sure I take my time!

Wish i could offer some advice, but im too lazy to rollerset at home. :perplexed At the salon, they dont get it supertight against the scalp, so my roots are sometimes wavy when its done. HOwever, i get the roots blown out, so it ultimately doesnt matter.

OT: Mizani, when did you take that GORGEOUS pic of your hair in your avatar, looking all SILKY and things??? I just ran to your FOkti thinking you had updated....... and nuffin!!!! :confused: Whassup w/dat? :p

LocksOfLuV said:
Without those darn roller-clamps?! I just was looking through Lonie's and BWE's albums and everyone's rollersets look so pretty and they can rock theirs without flat ironing. But I can't *pout*.

How do you do it? How do you get the hair on the roller so smooth all while keeping the roller tight against the scalp (stretching the newgrowth)?

My rollers be flopping and falling out everywhere and that's with them freaking clamps! I want to let go of the clamps!

I want to rock a nice rollerset without the flat iron!!!

Try rolling up, this helps the roots get flatter. Also a hair net (the kind that ties like a scarf) keeps rollers in place. Also you could try using duck bill clips. HTH :lol:

Back