How do you make Bantu knots?

ajoyfuljoy

I'm reading that some of the ladies with longer hair use Bantu knots to achieve a texturized look.

How do you create bantu knots? Can someone post a picture of their Bantu knots (in the knot or knotted hair that was worn down)? Thanks!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay, I don't have a pic to show you, but I can describe it to you. Do you know when you take a small portion of hair and twist it (like when you twist your hair around your fingers- over and over again)? You twist it until it starts to go closer to your scalp coiling onto itself? That's a bantu knot. When the hair starts to coil onto itself, let it until it can't coil anymore, then just wrap the end around and secure it. I tried to google it to get pics, but all I saw was fotki pics and I didn't want to steal :nono: Anyway, if you don't get pics here, which I doubt, just google it and you'll get a good idea.:yep: HTH

ajoyfuljoy

Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea how to do them! I wouldn't want to wear that actual hairstyle for fear that I'd look like a soccer ball! But I'd like to use it to achieve a nice "down" style. Thanks!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Here is a recent pic. I do mine a little differently than most of the ladies here. But the gyst is generally the same.

NYAmicas

Seeker
A pic of mine....

It's my first time posting a pic....sorry, you can see my hair better when it was larger.
I take my hair up in sections, take a section, then twist and twist until I can wind the hair around itself. I was a bit confused until I actually tried it and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I'll see if I can find more frontal pics.
And I get a lot of compliments with this style!

Last edited:

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I take sections of hair and twist it on itself from the roots to the ends. I don't twist it all at once though. I twist the roots, let them wrap around themself then twist down the rest of the hair until it's all wrapped up. It's easier for me to get it to stay this way. I don't secure it with anything. I'm obsessed with them lately!

Results! Super curly hair.

Attachments

• CIMG1655.JPG
    CIMG1655.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 10