How Do You Make Your Flex Rods Curls Last For More Than A Day Or Two?

abioni

I used Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Wrap Set Mousse and the curls last all day but the curls are just not the same after I sleep on them. Some parts are stretched out, others look frizzy. I wear satin cap at night and put it in a loose ponytail during the day. I tried the pineapple method once and the back curls became straight. I would hate to have to redo the flexi rods nightly.

Evolving78

Sleep pretty and don't touch them! I used to get a flexi rod set weekly. I used oil sheen, I slept pretty, I would use pomade or cream to lightly get rid of the frizzy on each on. I didn't run my hands over, or through the curls. I would just touch up my edges, or start wearing a headband.

Misseyl

Glad you bought this up. How do you refresh your curls the day after? Lots of bloggers on youtube give you the impression that when you pineapple, all you have to do is swish back and forth, a few fixing here and there and your hair will find it's place, however, for me that does not work. I need products on my hands and I use my fingers to rearrange my hair back in place. I also use hair ties and tie up each section, then pull it down in the morning, but I never get the same curl the next day. It is frustrating because after sleeping on bantu knots, flat twist all weekend, then not to have the style in for at least 3 days is no joke. There got to be an easier way to maintain styles on my 4c natural hair. Mind you, same hair different day and I don't recognize my hair the second day.:afro:

LdyKamz

I use something with a decent amount of hold like a gel. My hair doesn't get stiff but the curls hold really well until the end of the week. I know some people don't like using gels for their sets though.

tatiana001191

I use flexi rods regularly on my weaves but never on natural hair but I noticed that my curls are crisper and have a better hold when I do them on hair that has been dampened with water and a little oil. and to hold the flexi rods I tie 2 by 2 with hair ties then tie a big scarf on my head and sleep on one side.