How do you measure taking MSM in a teaspoon

reckgnyze

I order some MSM and its powder form 200g. But I don't know how much to take and how to measure it. And I was wondering if you can use it in your hair products. I really need to know how to measure this stuff before I mess myself off.:lol: Thanks in advance.

Softresses

If you have a medication or a powder that has a label on it it will usually tell you how much (grams, milligrams etc per serving) is contained in a teaspoon or tablespoon.

Read the label, then fill your spoon, make sure the spoon is level, not overflowing and you should be fine.

If this proves to be difficult you may try getting one of the little measuring spoons from the pharmacy or grocery store isle that you use to measure out medicine for children. It is very easy to use.

HTH

Softresses

MizaniMami

My sis gave me her little cooking tsb. I just fill that up half way, pour it in a cup, and add water to it. Like this:

You can get one from the dollar store.
ETA: on the back of my bottle is says 1/2 tsb=3000 mcgs. So that's how much I take.

myco

MizaniMami said:
My sis gave me her little cooking tsb. I just fill that up half way, pour it in a cup, and add water to it. Like this:

You can get one from the dollar store.
ETA: on the back of my bottle is says 1/2 tsb=3000 mcgs. So that's how much I take.

I use Puritan's Pride and I think it's the same dosage.

reckgnyze

Thanks ladies but i have Jarrows and it doesn't tell you how much to take so I guess i will try measuring it some how.:ohwell:

MizaniMami

reckgnyze said:
Thanks ladies but i have Jarrows and it doesn't tell you how much to take so I guess i will try measuring it some how.:ohwell:

It doesn't say it on the back of the bottle? on the nutrition label?

MizaniMami

i found this about it:

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size (scoop) 1
MSM (mg) 1000
(organic sulfur) 340mg

Do they give you a "scoop" to scoop it out with?

Mizani_Mrs

I take a daily dose of triMedica brand Pure MSM. the instructions say as a dietary supplement take 1/4tsp. It says 1/4tsp= approx 1,000mg. I usually take a large 1/4 heaping tsp (probably almost 1/2tsp)... I either mix it in my jug of water if i'm sipping on my waterjug at work. Or i take it with a 6 oz cup of apple juice if i'm at home, which masks the taste pretty well....