HOw do you prepare for braids??

Avaya

I usually give myself a protein treatment a week before getting braids just to make sure my hair is strong. (Of course, I follow the protein treatment up with a moisturizing treatment).

bluediamond0829

im trying to do the crown and glory technique...what i did this time...because i cant completely follow the technique because i cant go with wearing my hair loose for a 1 month and just deep conditioning once a week....i just washed my hair really good...and then i have some of the LeKair Cholestrol Treatment and put that on with a cap and sat under the dryer for 30 to 40 minutes...then i rinsed that out and put some leave in conditioner on from Infusim 23 and then just wrap it up(i usually do this at night) and let it air dry...i forgot all about following up with a Moisturizing conditioner because i did notice that my hair was still dry, it was like the oil was sucking up all of the oil i would put on my hair..

Angelicus

A week before I give myself a mayonnaise/egg treatment. When I get it braided my hair is dry. I do the crown and glory method with diluted infusium, s-curl no-drip, and any oil that is around.

mahoganee

For the most part I keep my hair in braids so when I take them down to get another type or set of braids I deep condition my hair overnight the night before I get them done. My braid appointments are usually at 6 am so I get up and rinse as I shower, spray a leave in con. in, detangle and them I'm off to get my hair rebraided.;)

Stormy

I wait at least 4 weeks after my relaxer (now I'm texturized). The more new growth the better for me because my hair is stronger. Can't have too much new growth though, or my hair will start matting, and the braids won't look neat for very long. Just before I braid my hair I shampoo and do a deep conditioning, and oil my scalp with WGO.

Sweet_Ambrosia

I give myself a deep conditioning/hot oil treatment a few days before I get braids. Then after, I braid my hair while its dry then I spray some diluted S-curl No drip Spray over the braids.