How do you seal with oil??

Liberianmami26

Hey ladies i wanted to know do you seal your hair with your oils after it has been moisturized and dried....
OR

do you moisturize your hair while its wet/damp and seal with the oil right after...

just tell me how you guys seal cuz im bout to go to walmart sooon to try and find some oils so when i get back i can rinse the conditioner out..

any ideas would be helpful thanx in advance

Liberianmami26

do you rinse the conditioner out or are you talking about applying a leave in conditioner and then just adding the oil? by the way do u think it would take way longer to airdry if the oil is applied on wet hair..anyone can answer

Cinda2503

do you rinse the conditioner out or are you talking about applying a leave in conditioner and then just adding the oil? by the way do u think it would take way longer to airdry if the oil is applied on wet hair..anyone can answer

I use Garnier-Fructis Strength and Repair Conditioner as my moisturizer. It's not a leave-in perse. It is suppose to be rinsed out but I don't rinse it out.

My hair air-dries pretty quick. I don't think the oil slows that process down. The ends of my hair are contiunually damp anyway. I wear a bun everday except for Friday when I wear my hair out. I saturate my hair if its dry with the conditioner. That particular conditioner has Ceramides in it which it really good for relaxed hair. It also has a medium consistency.

As far as the oil, I only use a very small amount. Probably quarter-sized for the ends. I use a little on my scalp also.

HTH

phyl73

This method works well for my transitioning hair. I apply my conditioner and then put the coconut oil on top of that. When I put my hair back in a bun, I seal it (cover it) with coconut oil.

Liberianmami26

im thinking bout getting some garnier leave in conditioner when i go to walmart since its creamier.

and phyl73 do you rinse yours out too or leave it in cuz im also transitioning too with 3+months of new growth and would like to know.

phyl73

The conditioner, no because I use MT/Ovation and it gets rinsed when I co-wash weekly. I do rinse out the hair mask.

Tee

I seal on wet hair most of the time, but it doesnt matter.

I use moisturizer (QP Elasta Oil Recovery moisturize is my drug of choice.;)) After I moisturizer, I seal my hair with a oil. It dries just fine. HTH.

*I also use End All Balm on my ends and when I use that, I dont find the need to seal with a oil.*