How do you store unused relaxer creme? I need to know soon for my touchup...

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies,

I have some extra LYE relaxer that I used left over from my last touchup and stored it under the sink. I hope that it's o.k. to use the rest for my next touchup.

I want to know how and where you store your unused relaxers, particularly the LYE relaxers. I just want to be sure that it'll be o.k. to use it from under the sink.

Thanks,

SP

Thanks for posting this SP, i want to know this too. I think Dontspeakdefeat is a stylist and can chime in with an answer I believe. hopefully some of our member stylist can enlighten us?

I usually stick my No-lye Mizani relaxers in the freeze and when I'm ready to use it. I'll just let it sit out:yep:. Works like a charm:drunk:

You should be fine just think of your lye relaxer like a medication. You don't wanna keep it anywhere where it's too cold or hot. So as long as the relaxer isn't too hot under the sink it will be fine.

You should be fine just think of your lye relaxer like a medication. You don't wanna keep it anywhere where it's too cold or hot. So as long as the relaxer isn't too hot under the sink it will be fine.

Is there a reason why you made this suggestion ksk? Inquiring minds wanna know:yep:.

I usually stick my No-lye Mizani relaxers in the freeze and when I'm ready to use it. I'll just let it sit out:yep:. Works like a charm:drunk:

Me too!:yep: When I self relaxed I would put the whole jar/bottle in a baggie and put it in the crisper until my next touch up. It did not loose any of its power...
I used to only mix up enough for what I was going to use on one touch up then mix the rest when I was ready to use it.

Me too!:yep: When I self relaxed I would put the whole jar/bottle in a baggie and put it in the crisper until my next touch up. It did not loose any of its power...
I used to only mix up enough for what I was going to use on one touch up then mix the rest when I was ready to use it.

So putting in some kind of freezer bag is safer than leaving it in it's original container or does it even matter PB?

So putting in some kind of freezer bag is safer than leaving it in it's original container or does it even matter PB?

My philosophy behind the whole matter was that I wanted to keep as much air out as possible to prevent condensation, and water getting into the mix. There will be a little sweating on the bottle after you take it out but not much . The crisper stays dryer than any other part of the fridge. The activator stuff can just go in the medicine cabinet.

Thanks so much, ladies. I don't think it's too hot, cool or wet underneath my sink. We shall see, though.

Anyone else like to chime in?

Sorry I'm so late but all chemicals have proper temperature ranges that they should be maintained in before degradation or other unwanted reactions occur. You know like how you're not really supposed to put meds in the medicine cabinet cuz it might get too hot when you shower, or you're not supposed to leave your meds in the car. Many people do both and are fine. :rolleyes: But you know just to be safe it shouldn't be in any extreme of any temp. In salons all products are just kept in a storage closet.

I am glad that someone asked this question. I actually wrote Vitale and the rep emailed me back and said that my relaxer (Life and Body Lye) should be kept in a cool area. I asked her if under my bathroom sink was ok and she said yes. So under your bathroom sink is fine that is where I keep my mine.

I am glad that someone asked this question. I actually wrote Vitale and the rep emailed me back and said that my relaxer (Life and Body Lye) should be kept in a cool area. I asked her if under my bathroom sink was ok and she said yes. So under your bathroom sink is fine that is where I keep my mine.

Thank you, lovely lady! This helps out so much!!

Back