How do you trust in the lord with all your heart?

Innocent_Kiss

I'm at a roadblock in my life. I'm not really happy with my school and I'm definitely ready to make some serious moves. I'm considering transferring from UIC to Howard University. Ultimately, I'm just ready for a change. However, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure what moves to make. I've consoled in my parents, my boyfriend, and even my close friend and still no signs of which direction to go in. I was in my kitchen one day and I just heard the words "lean not to thine own understanding." This was a few days ago. I googled it today to get the chapter and verse it came from which was Proverbs 3:5. I believe God spoke that passage to me. This might seem like a silly question, but how? How do I trust in God will all my heart and lean NOT to my OWN understanding? Is it just something you repeatedly tell yourself until you stop worrying about it? How do I do it?

itismehmmkay

Girl, transition steps/points are always hard regardless of what time you are in your life. The best thing for your situation is try and do nothing. And that's usually the hardest thing to do. :smirk:

You mentioned one of the moves being transferring to a new school. Make sure you're putting all of your energy into the school work and not focusing too much on the future.

And start reading some Bible verses daily. Work on reading a chapter daily from the Old or New testament plus a Psalm. What you need at this moment is mental strength to endure this transitional stage. And that Word...Man! When I remove myself from it, then go back, I'm always amazed by the peace and contentment that it brings to my mental state.

Innocent_Kiss

Girl, transition steps/points are always hard regardless of what time you are in your life. The best thing for your situation is try and do nothing. And that's usually the hardest thing to do. :smirk:

You mentioned one of the moves being transferring to a new school. Make sure you're putting all of your energy into the school work and not focusing too much on the future.

And start reading some Bible verses daily. Work on reading a chapter daily from the Old or New testament plus a Psalm. What you need at this moment is mental strength to endure this transitional stage. And that Word...Man! When I remove myself from it, then go back, I'm always amazed by the peace and contentment that it brings to my mental state.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind :)

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I have learned that praying to God for everything is the key. When I say everything I do mean everything. We don't go to God for the small stuff but he wants us to trust him even with the small stuff. When I say small stuff I mean " Lord what am I wearing tomorrow" " Which way should I drive". When we start trusting and relying on God for the small things then we can trust him with the big things.

mrselle

To me trusing God with all my heart means doing something that He's told me to do no matter how crazy or insignificant it may be. One day God spoke to me and told me to sit on the left side of the church in the third pew. I don't know why He told me to sit there, but I did it. He's told me to wear certain outfits on certain days, He's told me to take one route to work instead of another...to most all of this would seem pointless and there are times where I'm obedient and don't know why God would have me to do the things that I do, but I do them. Keep seeking God...He'll show you what He would have to do and where He would have you to go. They key is that when He does tell you, no matter how much it moves you out of your comfort zone, be obedient because God will bless you.

madamdot

I'm at a roadblock in my life. I'm not really happy with my school and I'm definitely ready to make some serious moves. I'm considering transferring from UIC to Howard University. Ultimately, I'm just ready for a change. However, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure what moves to make. I've consoled in my parents, my boyfriend, and even my close friend and still no signs of which direction to go in. I was in my kitchen one day and I just heard the words "lean not to thine own understanding." This was a few days ago. I googled it today to get the chapter and verse it came from which was Proverbs 3:5. I believe God spoke that passage to me. This might seem like a silly question, but how? How do I trust in God will all my heart and lean NOT to my OWN understanding? Is it just something you repeatedly tell yourself until you stop worrying about it? How do I do it?

I am right there with you. I am going through transition as well and I keep quoting Proverbs 3:5 as well. I say to God: this is what I want and will pray to you about it but I trust You, and trust that You know me better than I know myself, and if this is not for me, then I trust that You will guide me along the right path.

This is so hard, especially when nothing is happening when you feel alone and despondent as I do right now and I am sure you do as well.

Just keep praying, and I will pray for you as well.