How do you use Cantu shea butter leave-in?

flowinlocks

I use it everyday to slick my bun back, It works wonders for my type 4a/b hair when stretching past 8wks,:yep:. I don't dc with it. I may have to try it in the future for rollersets.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? on my daughter a couple of tablespoons. For me maybe 1 tablespoon if that.
-How often do you use it? for daughter - couple of times a week. FOr me - every other cowash so 3 times a week or so.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? - wet for me, dry and wet for my daughter

-Do you DC with it? no

-Are you relaxed or natural? I'm relaxed and texlaxed. Stretching almost 5 months. My daughter is 18 months old and natural.

Tinkerbell19

I just bought this a couple wks ago after watching a youtube video and I lOVE it! I use it for my wash n go's and/or my buns and I use it one both of my daughters hair and it makes their hair soft and manageable.:grin:

Ivonnovi

My 2cents:

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? Whole Head
-How often do you use it? Just started

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? Both

-Do you DC with it?Hmmmm, No not really, I consider the 3day buildup my DC

-Are you relaxed or natural? Texlaxed

--------I'd like to add that I have fine hair & am not digging this product, love the scent though.; I feel like it rapidly produces buildup (coats the hair). I like my usual dry looking, uncoated, and fly-away hair

aa9746

I use it on wet, damp, or dry hair. Sometimes I use it on my ends to keep them moisturized when it starts to feel dry.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
A couple of questions about this product...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?
I use it whenever I do bantu knot outs or twist outs. I apply a small amount to each section I'm working with just to get it covered but not saturated. It gives my hair a nice definition.:yep:

-How often do you use it?
Sometimes nightly depending on the style I'm going for.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair?
I use it on dry hair.

-Do you DC with it?
No.

-Are you relaxed or natural?
Transitioning

TIA!

So this is how I use it.

justnotsure

I use it daily and a big glob of it. I am transitioning (my last relaxer was Jan. 2009). I have been "hiding" my hair, so I use it on the ends of the braids under my half wigs and on the ends of my hair. I use it on wet and dry hair, but mostly dry and apply it once or twice a day. I have never deep conditioned with it. It does a great job at keeping my hair moisturized.

lolascurls

Bumping this thread! It is good and I am waiting for my Cantu leave-in to arrive in the post!
*scribbles down ideass for use* :)

TemiLnd

I love this stuff...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head?
I part my hair in to four and i apply a dollop to each section.

-How often do you use it?
Whenever i wash my hair, before twisting or braiding.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair?
Wet hair

-Do you DC with it?
NO!!

-Are you relaxed or natural?
Natural

lilsparkle825

A couple of questions about this product...

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? a couple fingertips full. my brother parts his hair into four sections and put three fingertips full on each section.

-How often do you use it? two to three times a week

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? damp or dry -- damp if i am bunning, dry on braids, and my brother uses it on damp hair before twisting it then every other day until he removes his twists. from now on, i will let my mom use it on second- or third-day hair and my sister will use it on damp hair before drying it when she gets her hair pressed.

-Do you DC with it? i did the first time i bought it when i joined LHCF :wallbash: hated it and returned it. i just rediscovered it for its intended use a month or two ago.

-Are you relaxed or natural? all four of us are natural -- mom is 4a SL, i am 3c/4a APL, sister is 4b APL, brother is 4a EL or so.

TIA!
great thread, and great product. if only i had tried to use it in a different way instead of returning it back in april 2008. i want to add my hair HAAAATES pure shea butter -- it does nothing for me -- but this leave-in (and miss jessie's baby buttercreme) does wonders for my hair. my brother is trying to grow his hair out and was having dry scalp problems from washing his hair everyday with head and shoulders :look:, so my sister and i created a regimen for him. now he wears his hair in small two strand twists. he was cowashing (and redoing his twists, a 3 hour process, due to unraveling) every day until he listened to me and tried this leave-in. now he can wash, apply this leave-in, and twist his hair once a week. he says it is the only product that leaves his hair and scalp feeling moisturized for days on end. even my beloved aussie moist, which i got him hooked on for cowashing, would leave buildup on his scalp.

mzbrown

-When you use it, how much do you apply to your whole head? A lot, scoop with four fingers.
-How often do you use it? After every wash, and alternate nights as my moisturizer.

-Do you use it on wet/damp or dry hair? both

-Do you DC with it? No

-Are you relaxed or natural? Relaxed