How do you use shea butter?

rayej

Ladies,
I bought some shea butter and it is very thick....how do you use it? Wet hair or dry hair? How do you work it into your hair so that it is not visible. All tips and suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

carameldiva

i got some creamy shea butter imported from Ghana at the African Grocery Store down the street. Very easy to apply and some of the best I ever had except for the young lady on here that resides in Dale City and shared with me.

I apply it to my scalp/ ends and on my body. Great moisturizer.

Last edited:

rayej

Bumping for more replies or maybe a link to some info re: how to use shea butter.

Thanks

anherica

I use it as a moisturizer, it's the only thing that really does the job.

I order mine online. I let it soften at room temperature, add aloe vera gel, a touch of olive oil, or a little castor oil then beat it with my cake mixer. I end up with a fluffy mixture that's easy to apply. Lovely.

Fine 4s

Mixed mine with a cake mixer but it conked out on me so it was partially smooth (still had some little lumps in it). However, when I apply it to my damp hair, it doesn't make parting easy, kinda how castor oil makes my hair feel. The hair sticks together it seems.
I wanted to add some aloe vera juice to it but I didn't have any preservatives to add to the mixture.

Does anyone get those results with their shea butter?

mj11051

Here ya go

8oz tub of shea butter whipped
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of aloe vera gel

First I boil some water in a pot and then I put my shea butter in the hot water to make it soft. Then I whip the shea butter alone until fluffy and then I add my coconut oil and mix until it's very fluffy then I slowly add the aloe vera gel. It makes and excellent moisturizer for my hair and body