How does LHCF Feel about Hot 6 Oil?

MizaniMami

I used to use this waaaaay back in the day. I can't remember how it works though. I am going to revisit it once i run out of my other oils. How do you ladies like this? I notice it has a cone, but it has other ingredients that I am impressed with such as henna, so i don't mind giving it a try.

(pic for the visual ladies)

Here are the ingredients:
Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Wheat Germ Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Sesame Oil , Vitamin E , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Cyclomethicone , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Slippery Elm Bark , Sage , Henna , Comfrey , Burdock Root , Ginseng , Goldenseal , Cherry Bark , Black Walnut , Chamomile , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Wheat Germ

blackbarbie

I have wondered about this as well because one of my natural friends uses it on her hair and likes it. I bought quite a bit on clearance at Big Lots some time ago, but it seemed like it would be too heavy on my hair so I just use it on my skin:lol: .

I have considered mixing it with some other products along with my cheapie conditioners to do a deep conditioner, but since I still have a good supply of EVOO I just haven't had a chance.

I would also like to know how other ladies like it and use it.

Proudpiscean

I used to use this oil all the time to "moisturize" my hair, before I found this board and realized that oils don't necessarily moisturize, but I still use it as a sealant to seal in moisture. I think it's good stuff. Anyone else?

Proudpiscean

blackbarbie said:
I have wondered about this as well because one of my natural friends uses it on her hair and likes it. I bought quite a bit on clearance at Big Lots some time ago, but it seemed like it would be too heavy on my hair so I just use it on my skin:lol: .

I have considered mixing it with some other products along with my cheapie conditioners to do a deep conditioner, but since I still have a good supply of EVOO I just haven't had a chance.

I would also like to know how other ladies like it and use it.

Oh yes, I use it on my skin too after showering, especially in the winter. Good stuff. I also use Wonder eight oil.

blackbarbie

amr501 said:
Oh yes, I use it on my skin too after showering, especially in the winter. Good stuff. I also use Wonder eight oil.

Yeah, this stuff works wonders on my extra dry skin. That's the other one I was trying to think of (was too lazy to get up and go in the bathroom to see the name but knew it had some number in it!). I was going to post that I also use it b/c I notice it has a lot of the same oils in it. Found these bottles at Big Lots for about .89 per bottle.

gradygirl

I have some on my hair right now. I use it as part of my prepoo that I have mixed with conditioners that I'm trying to get rid off. I've been using this all year but only as part of my prepoo.

MizaniMami

Well, since no one has tried it here. I guess i HAVE to try it.

On behalf of LHCF of course...:look:

*excuses of a PJ*

blackbarbie

MizaniMami said:
Well, since no one has tried it here. I guess i HAVE to try it.

On behalf of LHCF of course...:look:

*excuses of a PJ*

Girl, sounds like a good excuse to me! Go for it and let us know. How do you plan to use it?

MizaniMami

blackbarbie said:
Girl, sounds like a good excuse to me! Go for it and let us know. How do you plan to use it?

Anyways I can think of lol. as a sealer, as a pre-poo (in addition to conditioner), on my ends for my baggy, adding to my not so good conditioners, and to seal my leave-in.

Victorian

old head
Actually, LHCF was ga-ga over H6O when I first joined 3 years ago. I'd never even paid it any attention before, but when I joined lots of people were singing the praises of this oil so I got some. I really liked it, but when I ran out I had a long list of other oils I wanted to try so that's why I haven't had any in a while. If the search function is working for you you can dig up some old threads to see what people were saying. Oil blends were pretty popular at the time--Proclaim 7 and Wonder 8 and Surge Lotion Motion #9 were popular topics as well.

glamazon386

I found a bottle of this in my storage bin when I was moving out the dorm. I used to use it a few years ago but hated that it made my hair greasy which meant I would have to wash more often. lol Maybe I'll revisit it. My hair dresser used to warm is up and use it as a hot oil treatment too.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use Hot 6 Oil sometimes. I love it! It smells good too. It keeps my hair soft and shiny too.

Peachtree

When I first joined (4 yrs ago), I picked up a bottle & was BLOWN AWAY with the silkiness of my rollersets. (( I was relaxed back then )). This oil ventured with me from relaxed, through my 18 mth transition to my natural world!

Currently as a natural, I still use Hot 6, but mostly as occasional ingredient in my homemade butter blend. It's still by far my fav oil

Here's a review I posted on my (outdated) website...

Wow, where should I start? This oil has followed me since day 1 of my healthy hair regime. I simply refused to let it go! When I was relaxed, this was the only oil that gave me everything… deep penetration, silky smooth strands, lustrous sheen, yummy fragrance, all in a light weight oil. I used it for hot oil treatments, on wet hair to lock in the moisture while "setting" the hair, for overall sheen & luster. This was definitely my "must have" product then. Now that I’m transitioning, this oil is a bit too light for my natural hair, however, it still gives an awesome sheen to my relaxed strands. Once I’m completely natural, I’m sure that I’ll still find a usage for this oil.

MonaLisa

I was all ready to say Hecks yeah I Love this...then I realized...I had another Hot Six Oil :ohwell: ....

I use the one by Bronner Bros...it's a staple I love it...

the ingredients are similar to a degree --

This one lists:

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Cyclomethicone, BB Oil Complex (Eucalyptus Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Camelina Oil, Geranium Oil, Aloe Vera), Sheep Sorrell, Sage, Ginseng, Yarrow, Wheat Germ, Slippery Elm Bark, Henna, Comfrey, Burdock Root, Goldenseal, Cherry Bark, Black Walnut, Chamomile, Alfafa, Hyssop and Fragrance.

I friggin love it...and I don't mind a cone...I love cones :D

MizaniMami

MonaLisa said:
I was all ready to say Hecks yeah I Love this...then I realized...I had another Hot Six Oil :ohwell: ....

I use the one by Bronner Bros...it's a staple I love it...

the ingredients are similar to a degree --

This one lists:

Canola Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Cyclomethicone, BB Oil Complex (Eucalyptus Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Camelina Oil, Geranium Oil, Aloe Vera), Sheep Sorrell, Sage, Ginseng, Yarrow, Wheat Germ, Slippery Elm Bark, Henna, Comfrey, Burdock Root, Goldenseal, Cherry Bark, Black Walnut, Chamomile, Alfafa, Hyssop and Fragrance.

I friggin love it...and I don't mind a cone...I love cones :D

The one is the spray version right? I think I remember seeing the spray version to that one.

Oh decisions decisions.

Saida

I love the oil, I use it everyday almost, it does wonders for my scalp too, and my skin, and it smells soooo good, :D

Softresses

I loved Hot 6 as a hot treatment, but I really loved warming it up and doing body rubs with it! I think it has a very pleasant smell too.

MonaLisa

MizaniMami said:
The one is the spray version right? I think I remember seeing the spray version to that one.

Oh decisions decisions.

Yuppers. Spray bottle. Love it :love: Something about the lightness of it and the smell :D

LovelyLionessa

I bought the one in the regular bottle today and I can't wait to use it. I plan on moisturizing with my NTM Silk Touch, sealing with the Hot Six and putting my hair up for the night. ;)

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I discovered this in 97 and used it faithfully for at least 2 yrs. I loved how sleek and shiny my hair was after using it. Come to think of it, I can't even remember why I stopped using it...

Angelicus

I love hot six oil. Well actually... I like any hot oil treatment that isn't water-based.

1. I use this as a pretreatment. My hair is always soft after my hot oil treatment, shampoo and conditioning treatment. Sometimes I put a drop in the palms of my hands and massage my scalp with it before co-washing. I also add a drop to my ends sometimes before leaving the house.

2. I also use this on my skin and nails, immediately after bathing. Just call me "Butterball."

3. smells great too. My boyfriend thinks it's perfume, "Ooh baby you smell so good." :lol:

like i said, I am indifferent about oils because I like them all. If you think that HOT SIX is too expensive, do what I do: infuse your extra virgin olive oil (evoo) with herbs and tree bark (ex: cinnamon, rose petals, chamomille, herbal tea bags, dried herbs, peppermint leaves).

LovelyLionessa

I used it and I already love it!! :love:

It has nice ingriedients and the fact that it has a cone thrown in to help with smoothness is cool. Plus I like how it contains my hair's new BFF: HENNA! :trampolin

It smells yummy too. :lick: It's a nice addition to my collection of oils. :grin:

gymfreak336

I actually used to use this awhile back. I liked to put it on moist hair and sit under a dryer for a couple on mins before I shampoo. Your post actually reminded me of how I liked this stuff. I might have to run out to walmart tonite to get some. It helped keep my ends moist and soft.

blueabyss333

amr501 said:

This is the one I use. It's good stuff. Smells good and makes my hair shiny.