How far from APL??

natalie20121

Hello ladies!

I'm very new to this long hair care thing but I'm currently transitioning and I noticed that over a course of 4 months I barely have an inch of new growth and in some places only a 1/4 of an inch. I'm not sure what my length is. Is it shoulder length? Am I close to APL? Should I measure my back? I'm confused :perplexed (Pic is in my avitar)

I know I'm making progress in health and maintaining because I used to lose a palm full of hair when I washed. Now a lose just a few strands and its from the root because I can see my newgrowth along with my relaxed ends. But if my hair isn't really growing it will be 15 years before I see waist length :sad:

Please help!!! And any tips to get more growth is appreciated.

beans4reezy

APL and your hair is lovely. Most likely, your issue isn't growth, its retaining your growth. Getting hair longer means keeping the hair you grow on your head.

Are you protective styling?
How often do you use heat?
Please let us know your reggie and our hairologists can chime in with tips :)

natalie20121

APL and your hair is lovely. Most likely, your issue isn't growth, its retaining your growth. Getting hair longer means keeping the hair you grow on your head.

Are you protective styling?
How often do you use heat?
Please let us know your reggie and our hairologists can chime in with tips :)

Wow! Thanks!!!:blush:

I have been protective styling strictly for a month now and before that I just kept it in a pony (not a bun and no satin cap) but i didn't know about co washing or anything. My hair was matting so bad from transitioning that my hair was coming out in clumps but my hair hardly comes out any more. Very few strands. I turned the shedding and matting around in a matter of weeks!!!

I use heat maybe twice a month. I blow dry using low heat and flat iron Mostly on roots and one quick pass on my relaxed ends at 380 with my FHI. I moisturize with shea butter and ors carrot oil and put it in a bun.

My Reggie:

Pre-poo 1x week (Dabur Jasmine Oil overrnight with plastic cap, Stopped my shedding and breakage IMMEDIATLEY!)
Shampoo 1x week (Whole Foods Lavendar Shampoo)
Co Wash 4x week (Pantene Pro V Beautiful Lengths just started this on Monday)
DC 1x week (ORS Replenish Pak) no heat for1 hour
Leave-in (Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine) love the smell
Airdry when I cowash and do a wet bun.
Blowdry when i flat iron.

Any tips to tweak? Am I missing anything? Are there better leave in's and DC's? Please help ladies. I'd like to get a handle on my reggie and stick to it. Thanks

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
You mentioned that you've only been protective styling and cowashing for about a month now. You might have to continue with this reggie for a few months and then see if things improve. Small things count, so the protective styling and cowashing might make a difference.

Also, what about nutrition? Do you get enough protein and other vitamins? Internal health can really affect hair growth as well.

Good luck.

natalie20121

You mentioned that you've only been protective styling and cowashing for about a month now. You might have to continue with this reggie for a few months and then see if things improve. Small things count, so the protective styling and cowashing might make a difference.

Also, what about nutrition? Do you get enough protein and other vitamins? Internal health can really affect hair growth as well.

Good luck.

I don't eat as well as I should but one thing I do that's constant is I drink my Nake Green Superfoodss daily and I put a scoop of Amazing Grass in it. Its loaded with Chlorella and Spirulina. I've gone green :grin:

Hoping that will help with the growth.