How i got the best results ever with my (sedu) flatiron!!

caribeandiva

Human being
I decided to try something completely new: oil rinse! Thank you Sareca!

i shampooed, rinsed, applied Vatika oil to my hair for like 30 seconds, rinsed then applied conditioner, rinsed, applied leave-in and seal with a little bit of vatika. of course i also used heat protecting spray.

i then blowdried with my roundbrush in small sections like i always do. My sister volunteered to flatiron my hair for me so i let her. after blowdrying she just went and flatironed in really small sections without adding anything else to my hair. My sister said she's never seen my hair looking so nice before.

the result? mindblowingly soft, straight, silky, and bouncy hair all day! The bling factor was very high. It shined without being weighed down or feeling greasy or oily. it feels like i got a fresh relaxer. Everyone at church kept giving me compliments.

I'm doing oil rinses from now on before flatironing!

p.s. my camera's broken so i couldn't take any pictures.

kittenz

I'm happy for you and I'll def. try this when I finally get a touch-up a the end of my strecth. Hopefully it will work just as well with my super cheap ceramic flat iron. My hair should thank me because I haven't used heat once time during my stretch (over 10 weeks/ will be 12). Anyway... you go girl.:grin:

hondahoney007

Congrats to you!!!!! Now you know we need a visual....lol. Does your cell phone have a camera on it????? Does your sister have a camera???? Just some suggestions, you are excused this time....lol.

sunshinebeautiful

I did something similar when I flat ironed this weekend. Only I don't have a sedu. My hair turned out ultra-silky, light, bouncy, and blingy. I've gotten a bunch of compliments today too. :grin:

Oil rinses are the truth!

Healthb4Length

I used my sedu this weekend too and I got decent results. Maybe I was hoping for too much but my roots poofed up on me. My ends are nice and soft and bouncy too like yours. Next time I'll try the oil rinse before I flat iron, I was hesitant about doing this because I felt it would be too much products to provide a nice flat ironed result.

ryanshope

Yes, sedu is the TRUTH. What I do when I want to flat iron is wash, deep conditioned and smooth some leave in my hair. I have started back applying castor oil lightly to my still damp hair and let it air dry in two pigtails. Once they are dry, I flat iron and my hair is soft, straight and silky....every time I flat iron, I ask myself, "Girl, why don't you just go natural?"

Hersheygurl

I may have to try this the next time I straighten. I LOVE my Sedu, but haven't been wearing my hair straight for a while. I also am in love with vatika oil, so, it won't hurt to at least try. Thanks for bumping this, virtuenow!

virtuenow

Your welc! Thanks op! I gotthe best flat iron results ever using the oil rinse! Bounce, shine, and moisture unmatched

MsLizziA

i miss my Sedu :( ... not point in me repurchasing it soon though because then that would take me off my no heat regimen. The next time i plan on using heat will be WAYYY at the end of this year... so i don't wanna by anything that will tempt me