How in the Heck do you keep your braidout curls????

longhairlover

Today for the first time I tried my braidout and wore it in the streets, I used mizani's gel and by the end of the day I looked like part of the jackson 5 group.

wtf lol!!!

What do you ladies do to keep your braidouts looking fresh all day? The curls just disappeared and it looked so nice the first half of the day.

thx in advance.

Gels seem to frizz me up after a while...I like a nice thick butter on the braids and they seem to hold really well. You could try aloe vera but it might make your hair hard. I recently did a braided bantu knot out and the curls seem to hold for almost two days until I combed them out. Braiding it and putting in then knot seem to make them more curly.

Try using a thick butter or moisturizer and a serum instead of gel. To keep up the look, rebraid your hair at night :)

thanks ladies,

I have the shea butter but I was only trying to put that on my ends because it made my hair feel like carpet.

I will try it though with a little of shea butter. I like the mizani gel but I guess it's not holding the wave of the braid :(

My best braidouts are when I use a thicker leave in, like Salerm 21, followed by a serum.

I am going to try the heavier butter and then the gel, or no gel and the heavy butter, one day i will get this right, i mean it looked really nice but then it made a turn for the worse at the end of the day lol!!!

thx ladies

I know it will sound 'hood, but the best lasting, softest, braidouts for me were with water and vaseline :yep:

i have no idea what makes mine last 2 days. i dont rebraid em or nothin. don't tell nobody but i go straight to sleep w/ my hair out like that sometimes, still wake up cute lol!

i think what helps me is the fact that may hair's been braided up for the whole week before i wear it down, so the style is "stamped" i guess. i braid it up(cornrows or plaits) w/ leave in moisturizers(qhemet)

Hmmm, I use the Mizani gel for my braidouts too and they last for a few days. I use a liquid leave-in, followed by the gel and then I spray the Mizani Spradiance glosser on. Then I cornrow my hair into about 6-8 braids and let them dry overnight. Is it possible that you're not making your braids tight enough or that you have too few braids???

definitely no gel. You need to use a butter of some sort, and seal the ends with an oil. I usually try to rebraid my braids every night, but I just went a few days without doing anything to my hair and it still looked good...as long as you don't sleep wild!

I never have used butters and I don't use serums unless I'm straightening my hair.

For the best hold, I do use gel - Aubrey Organics B5 Gel - but 95% of the time I just use my leave in conditioner and jojoba oil.

The most important thing for me is making sure the hair completely dries in the braids before taking them down and making sure your hair is moisturized and oiled.

My hair will look fresh for about 3 days if I wear a bonnet to bed.

Just another perspective, I would never use a butter in my hair and my braidouts are fine :yep:

I use hair lotion mixed with gel. I don't rebraid at night, I just fluff it in the morning with my fingers. Mine usually last 2 to 3 days.

All I use is S-curl. I only experience frizziness if my hair doesn't dry completely. If it's still slightly damp it'll look good but after a few hours it will be frizzy. Did you let yours dry completely?

I've used ORS braid/lock/twist, holds well without hardness. My twists have been holding for days without it too-rarely do braidouts...I think using raw shea may be why they have hold{?}

Back