How long after your last henna can you relax?

nomadpixi

Hey there ladies. I have jumped on the henna bandwagon and have been really loving it, starting out with 2 treatments with Dulhan and anticipating the Lush Caca Noir I purchased last week. I've been looking a looooooooong time to find this answer on the search function but can't seem to find anything direct. I figured we'd all love info on these questions?

-What are other people's experience with relaxing after henna treatments
-Is there any preparation needed for the hair to best take the relaxer while hennaed?
-How has henna changed your relaxing or need for relaxer?
-Any triumphs? setbacks? turnarounds?

Let us know.

Last edited:

growingbrown

nomadpixi said:
Hey there ladies. I have jumped on the henna bandwagon and have been really loving it, starting out with 2 treatments with Dulhan and anticipating the Lush Caca Noir I purchased last week. I've been looking a looooooooong time to find this answer on the search function but can't seem to find anything direct. I figured we'd all love info on these questions?

-What are other people's experience with relaxing after henna treatments
-Is there any preparation needed for the hair to best take the relaxer while hennaed?
-How has henna changed your relaxing or need for relaxer?
-Any triumphs? setbacks? turnarounds?

Let us know.

I was looking for this yesterday also? Can anyone answer this? I was thinking about doing henna soon.

nomadpixi

Thanks alexstin for this info. I went and searched this and it does seem she relaxed 3 days after her henna treatment. That's a load off my mind, yet I think to be safe, I'm going to wait and stretch. I really love the shine I get from these treatments. My hair is slowly getting thicker and is definitely stronger than it has been. My current new growth is softer, but I'm doing so much simultaneously, I can't tell if it's the henna. This has been a godsend for me and I had always though to myself, you rarely see a bald Indian, so something must be mostly right :)

alexstin

nomadpixi said:
Thanks alexstin for this info. I went and searched this and it does seem she relaxed 3 days after her henna treatment. That's a load off my mind, yet I think to be safe, I'm going to wait and stretch. I really love the shine I get from these treatments. My hair is slowly getting thicker and is definitely stronger than it has been. My current new growth is softer, but I'm doing so much simultaneously, I can't tell if it's the henna. This has been a godsend for me and I had always though to myself, you rarely see a bald Indian, so something must be mostly right :)

:lachen: Too funny!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I've hennaed (BAQ quality) right after neutralizing well with good results. I've done this three times so far. After a few neutralizing shampoos, I let the last one sit for five minutes before rinsing.

I used to do hennas bi-weekly; so after a few minutes, the relaxer on the new growth turned a light tan/beige/brown color. I now want to henna once a month to see if the color still bleeds through the relaxer. I also want to try cassia after relaxing and neutralizing.

Attention Henna Experts:
If you have reasons why I shouldn't henna after a relaxer, please tell me. :yep:

Last edited: