How long can you last without a trim?

amy1234

I was just curious to find out the longest you've been without needing to trim. My last trim was in March and since then, my ends have been in top condition. When I press'n curl it, my hair looks like I just had my ends clipped and I can't seem to find any split ends. It's been around 4 months since my last trim and I want to continue for another 3 months without getting any trims . Is this normal?

I try to do it every 3 months or so, but it normally winds up being every 6mo:D I'm just scared that they'll take off too much. I took my best friend w/me last time to make sure she could watch the stylist for me so that she didn't take off too much.

I dust my hair at least twice a month. In doing so, my stylist has not trimmed my hair in 3 years. In fact she will let me know if I need to dust my hair when she inspects it before she does a touchup.

6 months for me
smile.gif

My last trim was in Jan....so it's been 5 mths already. I'll probably wait til my next touchup, which is scheduled for Sept 1.. that'll be 8 mths
smile.gif
. I will trim sooner if i notice any problems...

I was GLAD to read this post because it's been 4 months since my last trim. I'm getting a touch up on Saturday and plan to get a trim then. I was getting scared because I don't want to risk messing up all of my good progress if I wait too long to trim.

Fletgee

How do you trim your hair yourself? What kind of scissors do you use? i want to start doing it myself because I'm tired of this stylists confusing trim with chop....

[ QUOTE ]
It's been over five years since my last trim.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 years?????? Your hair must be really long by now.

To JRW,

I was pleased to hear you have not trimmed in five years. Its only been a little over a year for me that I have been able to do with out. I hope to never need one again. Being able to save every inch of hair sounds wonderful.
rosebud.gif

It is nice being able to keep all of my hair. I still remembered even the last time I got it trimmed, I watched the woman like a hawk. I made her show me how much she was going to trim.

I used to trim every touch up which was every 6-8 weeks but since im not using direct heat, its not really needed

10 months for me i'm about to go get a good cut(1 inch max). think I'll try Sherry at House of hair that some people are raving about.

Back