How long does it take you to rollerset your hair?

daviine

There are a few people here who have said that it takes them 10 minutes to rollerset their hair. I was wondering if it TRULY takes you 10 minutes to rollerset your hair or is that like an exaggeration just to say that you are good at it.

Is it truly possible to rollerset hair that quickly?

If you guys don't mind ....can we time ourselves the next time we rollerset our hair and post?

It used to take me about 45 minutes to rollerset my hair. I did it today for the first time in over a year. I didn't time myself because the thought came to me as I was rollersetting...but I do know it took me about 15 minutes for the right side of my head only. That was with the wire mesh rollers.

If its the magnetic rollers, forget about it.........it takes me WAY longer......

I don't really wash my own hair anymore but I plan to next week..so I'll be sure to time myself......

webby

Think Slim
It takes me anywhere from a half hour to 45 minutes. I have gotten faster at it over the past year.

elaine

It takes me about 25 minutes to do mine, and 15 to do someone else. If a friend wants a tight set on smaller rollers, then it will take me 30 minutes.

deedabug

i have never really done my whole head...im sure it would take me over 45 mins. cuz its so thick...so if ur hair is really long i know 10 mins. would be really like pro work

Allandra

The least amount of time it has taken me to roller set my hair was 45 minutes. However, it generally takes me about 1 hour.

Princess4real

I'm a 4a/4b it takes me 1hr and 45 minutes when I do a roller set and sit under the dryer. I can't stand the time that I have to sit there but, I love the results. :)

VelvetRain

It truly takes me 10 minutes to roller set. I have gotten quick in the past seven years I have rollersetted. At first it would take me about 45 minutes. I am just as quick as my stylist who does it on touch up day.

Chaya

Ive got way to much hair. It takes me about 45 minutes to and hour to rollerset and 1.5hours underneath the dryer to dry.

skegeesmb

It takes me anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on the distractions around me. Most of the time it takes me about 45 minutes.

Isis

Right now, it's about 30 minutes to roll my hair up on magnetic rollers. I'm not counting airdrying time which is overnight for me.

Britt

About 20 minutes on a good day. 30 minutes at most though, and that seems long to me.

blkmaryland

It depends upon how many rollers I use and whether or not my hair is cooperating......average time 30 minutes give or take.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For me, it depends on the amount of rollers I use and whether I do rollerset on wet or dry hair...

For a full blown rollerset on wet hair (about 20-30 rollers), I would say 30 minutes or more depending on the amount of times I may have to re-roll a section of hair.
For a dry rollerset where I only put rollers in certain sections of my hair fro curl (about 10-15 rollers), I would say 15 minutes or less. ;)

Mochalolita

It usually takes me around 15-20 minutes to rollerset. Huge difference from when I first started rollersetting...it used to take me over an hour, lol.

AudraChanell

I rollerset my hair in about 25 mins. I will time myself the next time to see :perplexed I know I hate doing it however long it takes *lol*

I just times myself. It took 17 minutes.

Last edited:

phynestone

I've just gotten into it, so it takes me about 30-45 mins to do so, but my hair starts to dry completely by the time that I'm done. What should I do?

Mochalolita

19sweetie said:
I've just gotten into it, so it takes me about 30-45 mins to do so, but my hair starts to dry completely by the time that I'm done. What should I do?

When I first started, I would keep a spray bottle of water handy, so when I got to the section that was starting to dry, I would give it a quick spritz before I rolled it :) HTH!

Hugs,
Crys

webby

Think Slim
Mochalolita said:
When I first started, I would keep a spray bottle of water handy, so when I got to the section that was starting to dry, I would give it a quick spritz before I rolled it :) HTH!

Hugs,
Crys

I agree with Mocha. You should always have a small spray bottle with you. Also, make sure that you try to only spray the ends, otherwise you increase your drying time.