How Long Does Your Hair Have to be to Use the MAxiglide?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I hope this isn't a dumb Q. My hubby was so sweet and got me the maxiglide when the miniglide didn't work. My q to all the ladies who use the maxiglide, how long does your hair have to be to use it? I've had this iron since I started transitioning. I'm dying to use it, especially since my hair has gotten longer. I need youe expertise again, PLEASE?!!!!! :grin: Or maybe I should bite the bullet and get a pressing comb..... :confused:

Hi! The only thing I can tell you is that it really gets the roots pretty good and unless you have a fade, I would think pretty much any hair length that can be grabbed it can be used on. Also, I would think the shorter your hair, the lower the heat setting (4 or less) b/c there's less hair straighten. If plate with teeth doesn't get close enough to the scalp, use flat plate without teeth. Just my opinion. HTH:)

If plate with teeth doesn't get close enough to the scalp, use flat plate without teeth. Just my opinion. HTH:)[/QUOTE]

Great tip! I hope this works for me.

Natrlchallenge said:
I hope this isn't a dumb Q. My hubby was so sweet and got me the maxiglide when the miniglide didn't work. My q to all the ladies who use the maxiglide, how long does your hair have to be to use it? I've had this iron since I started transitioning. I'm dying to use it, especially since my hair has gotten longer. I need youe expertise again, PLEASE?!!!!! :grin: Or maybe I should bite the bullet and get a pressing comb..... :confused:

Good question, I am thinking about purchasing it but if it would work better with longer hair I will hold off buying until next summer.

Why don't you try to test a strand (use a good heat protectant), set it on level 1 or 2 and see how it goes? That's what I did.

Back