How long is your new growth when you end your stretch?

How long is your new growth when you retouch?

• Less than 1 inch

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 1-2 inches

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • 4 or more inches

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Hey relaxers and texlaxers get in here!
I always see posts about how many weeks people stretch but everyone's hair grows at a different rate. How long is your new growth when you finally do your retouch?
Also I think I understand stretching as a way to avoid overlapping the chemicals, so how long of new growth do you need to feel comfortable?

Last edited:

chasturner84

I only stretch for 4 months and have about 1.5" of new growth in the end. If I have more great, if I have less I'll continue stretching

Lady Slim

I stretch until I can't deal with the new growth any more.. Thats usually 16-24 weeks depends on what time of year it is. So i'll have 2-3.5 inches of new growth.

bimtheduck

I usually stretch between 3 and 4 months. This last time I stretched 5 months and I got about 2 inches of new growth.

miss stress

I always relax around the 16week mark and I only have maybe an inch and a hlf of new growth. Alas, Im a slow grower.............

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i stretch 10-12 weeks and usually get about an inch. this last time i got two. (guess summer heat and my ayurvedic oils are working together)

prophetesshope

right now i am on my 29th week (on a 34 week stretch) but if i just stop at 6 months it would be about 2-3 inches of new growth but knowing i go longer its about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 new growth

indarican

it varies so much with me. It can be anywhere from .5 inches to 2 inches after a 12 week stretch. But i try not to stretch anymore since my hair breaks off like crazy.

Aggie

I voted for 1-2 inches because my normal relaxer stretch used to be 10-14 weeks and I would have anywhere from 1.5 to 2 inches of new growth. I get more new growth in the summer months when I am very active and eating well.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
i see many quote the inches they usually end up at when they end their stretch however, OP -- i'm also interested in inquiring on the minimum growth needed before they feel comfy ending stretch? 1/2in, 1in, 2in, etc. I guess it may differ from person to person.

Last edited:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
i see many quote the inches they usually end up at when they end their stretch however, OP -- i'm also interested in inquiring on the minimum growth needed before they feel comfy ending stretch? 1/2in, 1in, 2in, etc. I guess it may differ from person to person.

I would like to know that as well. I think it would help me be able to listen to my hair and know when to do my first retouch.

Judwill07

Hey relaxers and texlaxers get in here!
I always see posts about how many weeks people stretch but everyone's hair grows at a different rate. How long is your new growth when you finally do your retouch?
Also I think I understand stretching as a way to avoid overlapping the chemicals, so how long of new growth do you need to feel comfortable?

My hair grows at least 1 1/2 inches long. I go at least 12-16 weeks post. I feel comfortable with at least 1 inch of new growth.(I'm usually 1" at 10-12 weeks)