How Long Was Your Hair Before You Could Do a BANGIN' Twist Out??!!

Sianna

Also, will you be so kind as to show me some pics!

The reason I ask is because right now I am in yarn braids and will remain in them for the next ELEVEN weeks!! I just finished my first week and I plan to keep them in for another five weeks and immediately redo them for another six weeks. In fact, I might just refresh them if I think I can get away with it. I've been wearing a bun most days so I might just redo the ones around my edges. :grin:

Anyway, after that I am hoping to be able to do my first decent twist-out, or at least a twist out pony puff.

Right now my hair is closing in on four inches and it grows at half an inch per month. If I retain all of my length between now and December 4th (which I'm sure I will) my hair should be just over five inches long. I have no idea what a twist out looks like on that length of hair, or even if I'll be able to do a pony puff at that point.

If you have pictures of your first twist out or twist out puff and your hair was around that length, please show meeeeeee!!!!!

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
the first time i was really wowed by a twist out was after two years natural. but that was the first time i really tried.

davisbr88

I noticed it came from a blog. Maybe you can ask her? And sometimes length isn't the only factor. I have about 6.5" and my twist-outs don't come out right, while people with shorter hair can rock a great twist-out. I prefer a longer, more defined look, so I probably won't be able to wear one to my liking until I'm like 2 years post-relaxer.

Qtee

Girl I am going to closely follow this thread..since Im sitting here with about 20 twists in my hair hoping for my 1st banging twist out..I have tried twist outs several times and have yet to see one I like on me..I'm a little over a yr from my last BC..so my hair is a pretty good length..my plan is to keep these in over night..So I will let you guys know if it was successful..Oh and they were done on damp hair..

pookaloo83

Girl I am going to closely follow this thread..since Im sitting here with about 20 twists in my hair hoping for my 1st banging twist out..I have tried twist outs several times and have yet to see one I like on me..I'm a little over a yr from my last BC..so my hair is a pretty good length..my plan is to keep these in over night..So I will let you guys know if it was successful..Oh and they were done on damp hair..

I've read that some people sit under the dryer to make it more defined. You should try that next time if it doesn't come out right this first time around.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Me at 5 months natural. I did it on dry hair to get more length.

Imani

Cool thread, I'd like to know this as well. I'm a little over a year post w/lots of layers ranging from 7 to 3.5 inches. I'm thinking I'm going to wait until the spring when I make shoulder to really try to rock a twist out/braid out.

I might do a trial run one weekend this fall, and post pics. I just ordered some Afroveda products, so I will experiment with those for a braid out.

makeupvixen

I think it depends on the thickness of the hair. I have APL hair and my twist out sucks, my hair just its thick enough. My roots look good but the rest of my hiar looks like straw in twists :(

LovingLady

You didn't happen to take any pictures of it did you?:eyebrows2

Oh no I don't, I am sorry. My twist are medium-small in size, I twist the stands around itself and then I twist each strand around each other.

I think it depends on the thickness of the hair. I have APL hair and my twist out sucks, my hair just its thick enough. My roots look good but the rest of my hiar looks like straw in twists :(

I think it also depends on how far apart the curls are from each other as well as the size of the curls. I have type 4 hair but there is a noticeable gap between each curl.

Qtee

OK well I took my twists out this morning...for a minute it looked really promising...but then it started looking crazy....so twist out attempt # 4 or 5 is an epic fail...I spritz my hair with water added some gel and now I'm sitting here with a bun..I have the type of hair that frizz on contact...very soft and thick...maybe my hair isn't conducive for a twist out...IDK...I think I may give up on a twist outs ...and I was so hoping this would be my protective style for the fall/winter..Oh well..guess it will be a bun for the cold days...