How Many Challenges Have You Already Signed Up For In 2011?

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I think I was in 2010 Bootcamp but I can't remember. I'm only doing two this year: WL 2011 and HYH 2011. I rarely keep to them but I'm going to try this year because I need the focus.

Yoshi3329

How many challenges were you in for 2010?
I was in one, the ceramide challenge.

Did you find that the challenges helped you on your hair journey?
Yes.

How many have you already signed up for in 2011?
Just one, the Bootcamp. Hopefully the Ceramide Challenge will come along again in the 2011 year.

Evo-ny

Three, I think. APL, Juicing, and a quick Valentine's day one for sure. Can't recall if I actually signed up for the ceramides one.

For APL, definitely. I would actually plan out my relaxers or straightening sessions to coincide with the updates. I'm already marking down potential salon dates for 2011!

How many have you already signed up for in 2011?
Officially signed up for BSL 2011, I'm contemplating on doing the hide your hair challenge without extensions or wigging it. Maybe I'll look into a hair sticks challenge. Last year I created a valentine's day one (december - feb 14), but I think I've got enough on my plate!

Juicing, weekly DCing, and ceramides became part of my regimen anyways, so I'm not including them in my list of challenges. :yawn:

Missjae09

NONE! I think I joined too many this year so I think I'm going to unofficially join challenges next year. lol though I'm tempted to join the shoulder length challenge.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

LuvlyRain3

Just SL 2011. This year I was in

Curly til christmas
JBCO

I'm not joining any challenges that will interrupt my set regimen anymore.

Eta: I joined the dc challenge. Get it works with my reggie sooo :look: I wont join anything else.

EllePixie

Not that many...

BC to WL
Sulfur 2011
Get an Inch (HAH)

I wanted to join APL 2011 but it was already closed. Le sigh!

In 2010 I dropped out of Curly Til Christmas (flat ironed twice) and Drink Your Way to Waistlength (starting gaining weight). I was also in Shoulder Length 2010 (completed) and Sulfur 2010. Oh, and the Ceramides Challenge! I kind of dropped out of that one since I started using MTG.

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
I think I am going to attempt

APL 2011 (hopefully not for long)
BSL 2011
HYH
LCH 2011 Bootcamp

inneedofhelptx

I was mostly lurking in 2010, so I didn't sign up for any challenges. In 2011, I'm signed up for two challenges so far.

1) Hide Your Hair
2) Braid It Up

I figured that it's about time for me to start documenting my progress and short term goals.

Janet'

I was mostly lurking in 2010, so I didn't sign up for any challenges. In 2011, I'm signed up for two challenges so far.

1) Hide Your Hair
2) Braid It Up

I figured that it's about time for me to start documenting my progress and short term goals.

:yep: :yep: :yep: Pics for documentation are a great tool!

SelfStyled

I have finally realized that I am challenge failure:sad:. Hey the 1st step is to admit you have a problem right? I am going to follow in spirit/lurk two challenges this year: HYH and Wig:look::lol:

Last edited:

tasha5951

Lets see...

APL 2011
Hide Your Hair
LHCF Bootcamp
DC Challenge

I think that's it :blush:

Edit- Oh and stick to the Reggies Challenge:lol:

Tiye

Just the one where we're supposed to keep our hair covered. My hair's always covered anyway so this won't be a hard one to keep up with. :)

Phaer

by the time I joined this year all of the challenges were closed, so for 2011 I have joined:

Boot Camp 2011
Braid it up
Sulfur challenge
WL 2012 & 2013
SL 2011
an Inch Month
If I can find a Steaming Challenge I am on that as well.

BostonMaria

Just ONE and its on my siggie. I try not to join too many challenges because after a while it gets overwhelming for me.

Luvmycurl

Braid it up Challenge.This is my first time joining a challenge so I didnt want to become overwhelmed with trying to reach all the goals for each one.

winona

5 but they all tie in together DDDC, HYH, Sulfur Challenge, LHCF Bootcamp, and Steam Challenge will hopefully bring me closer to WL 2013:)

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Hair Challenges
Braid It Up 2011
SL in 2011
Hide Your Hair 2011

Health & Fitness Challenges
Work Out Commitment
Whole Foods

I am definitely not joining any more hair challenges. I have all bases covered. I'm thinking of a book challenge though....

Vintageglam

Too many :nono:... Lets see; use up your stash, APL (then BC'd), WL in 2013, DD Deep conditioning, Bootcamp (epic fail), etc etc...

Some yes and others not

How many have you already signed up for in 2011
Yes just two, SL in 2011 and DD Deep Conditioning. I feel I have my own personal goals to achieve this year and whilst I pretty much do everything challenge wise i.e. deep conditioning, ceramides, minimal heat, protective styling it just takes too much time to update it all. I just find it easier to just be accountable to me and stick to 1 or two challenges.

Vonnieluvs08

APL(completed, but not a frequent poster)
CoWash Spring/Summer
DDDC

Most definitely. Even the challenges I lurked helped me incorporate new things into my reggie like ceramides. Or even just see how folks with healthy,long hair accomplished it.

How many have you already signed up for in 2011
BSL in 2011
DDDC 2011
Cowash Spring/Summer (when it starts)
Lurking the Ceramides, and a few others

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Ok here it goes

MBL 2011
WL 2011
Deliciously Deep Condition 2011 (think datz the name)
Hide Your Hair 2011

I'm sure there are a couple of more that have escaped me right now. 2011 I'm going to follow through on all of my challenges, I have my reggie down now and I'm ready to get my length.

s4pphir3

My challenges are listed in my siggy but I'm thinking of dropping out of the sulfur 2011 challenge b/c I'm almost done with my bottle of mtg and I don't plan on restocking. My goal for 2011 is to go back to keeping my reggie simple like I did when I first BC'd. No more bandwagons for me :hand:

Lita

JBCO....I will use it in 2011 too! It has helped me to thicken my roots..

CL...Not there yet...Still trying..

That it girl..
HL,WL,CL
THL
JBCO..Again!

Happy Hair Growing!

tdc1978

I've signed up for a lot of challenges for this current year: Challenges: Waist Length 2012 Challenge, sulfur challenge, 2011 edition, 2011 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE, Delightfully Delicious Challenge 2011, Weight Watchers 2011, "THE RULES" WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE. Let's see if I can stick with them all.

tricie

Just one, the HairFinity challenge, but I'm in the Braid Challenge from last year, and I also joined the Waist Length in 2012 Challenge last year, so I guess I'm still in 3...geez! Oh, well, fun times!

Happy New Year, ladies! :)