How many inches of new growth, do you feel is easiest to self-relax?

How many of inches of new growth, do you feel you can self-relax easiest?

• .5 inches

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • .75 inches

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • 1 inch

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • 1.5 inches

Votes: 52 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SleepyJean

I'm not asking how much new growth can you self-relax. Some of you may be able to relax three inches with ease. I'm asking what amount of new growth do you relax best. When I say best, I mean no underprocessing/overprocessing, managability, etc. Is it .5 inches, 1 inch, 2 inches....?

If my question isn't clear, I'm sorry. I didn't know how to put that.

NYAmicas

Seeker
lol, I have trouble relaxing the NG period so I'm not sure. I'll update when I do because I'm in stretch mode right about now.

20perlz

I think I get your question. I relax 2 inches best. Maybe 1.5. I say this because I stopped stretching last year because I HATED it. After a couple of underprocessed attempts at self relaxing, I went back to my stylist for retouches only. It has taken only 3 retouches for my hair to start breaking again due to her overlaps....So, back to stretching at least 1.5 inches :wallbash:

Monigirl

I want to vote both 1 or 1.5 inches.
One time I had 2 inches of growth. I did the longest stretch in my life. 14 weeks and was worried on how to get all of it straight in one setting since I had always self relaxed like that.
At the time I was newbie/lurker on LHCF and had a fotki album and didn't know how to use the search tool. I just thank God I found Londondiva's relaxer tips in her fotki album.
It helped me out a whole lot. Now I am not worried about newgrowth much anymore b/c I relax the front section parting from ear to ear, then the back section later.

But I must admit I try not to stretch more than 12 weeks now.

lovelymissyoli

If there was an option for 2" I would've chosen it, but I stuck to 1.5". I believe it's easier to differentiate between your NG when it's longer that's why I'd rather stretch my hair to make sure I'm not overlapping and to see what, if anything, I need to tweak in order to get my proper texlax results.

SleepyJean

Thank you for the responses! I did not know it was easier to relax 2 inches. These poll results will help me determine how long I should stretch.

taz007

I believe that between 1-2 inches is the easiest to relax. I relax every 8-10 weeks. So far, so good!

Ishtar

I caught the devil when I would stretch too long. My hair is awfully thick. I would end up snagging at my hair trying to work through it before the 15-20 minutes were up. Breakage ensued.

Now I will apply the half and half method. This is what has allowed me to go on for 17 weeks. I want to get to 24!!!

MarieB

I managed to stretch about 6 months using BKT, so last night I finally did a touchup on about 3 inches of new growth, and it was the easiest touch-up I've ever done. I think the long stretch is definitely the way to go, if you're able to stretch that long without having major issues.