How much new growth in inches (approx) do you have when you relax?

mikimix

Right now it's been a month since I relaxed and I normally touch up every 8-12 weeks (depends on if I'm lazy or not lol) and I have about an inch or inch and a half of new growth.

For the past month I have been taking Nioxin (and I plan on upping the dose and using the hairdrenaline potion) and I already have an inch of growth. I plan on stretching until the end of September, so I can have a nice fresh relaxer for the beginning of the school year lol. If it keeps going the way it is, I will have 3 inches of NG (although I'm kind of hoping for more :p) but I dont know if 3 inches of new growth will be too much to handle.

sunnieb

Anywhere from 1-2 inches. Stretching my relaxers allowed me to see that all the hair on my head doesn't grow at the same rate.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
from the crown to an inch from the nape: 1 1/2 inches every 3 months from Jan-Sept
then
from the crown to an inch from the nape: 2 inches every 3 months from Oct-Dec
nape gets about an 1/2 inch every 3 months. I never really checked though. I dont TU this area every TU

the forehead to the crown: 3/4 of an inch from Jan-Sept
then
the forehead to the crown: 1 inch of an inch from Oct-Dec

Mische

I am 12 weeks post now and this is when I usually relax (stretching two more weeks). When I measure random sheds it varies between 1" to 2" of NG. The slower growing hair seems to come from around my edges and nape.

TLC1020

You know what.. I never measured, I go by the number of weeks post.. I usually relax no sooner than 12 weeks, this week I'll be 16 weeks post and debating if I'm going to wait until 20 weeks.. Never really took the time to measure..

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I stopped measuring. 10-12 weeks is my TU schedule. If I go beyond 10 weeks I sometimes experience more breakage than I prefer. I absolutely don't go beyonod 12 weeks.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I usually have about an inch in 12 weeks (12 weeks is the earliest I relax). During my last stretch (18 weeks), I had about 2 inches.