How many ladies are done growing out their hair?

casey3035

I am asking because I saw someone in a challenge post that says she is done with growing out her hair. Now this is not to say she is done with her healthy hair journey but she is just done growing it out. I thought "Dang-that must be nice".
I don't know what length she is but out of curiosity wandered... how many ladies on LHCF have already reached their hair LENGTH goals and are done GROWING out their hair and what length did you stop at?

DMJ's Mom

I've reached my goal Which is to be APL. But I'm in the MBL challenge because I want to grow those extra couple of inches so that when I get my next really good trim I won't end up cutting shorter than my goal

dlewis

I'm done with making the effort to grow my hair. MBL is fine with me. Recently I decided I'll just go with the flow. I may trim back to MBL often but if I decide to grow abit, I'll grow abit.

casey3035

I've reached my goal Which is to be APL. But I'm in the MBL challenge because I want to grow those extra couple of inches so that when I get my next really good trim I won't end up cutting shorter than my goal
Well that makes sense-it gives you room to grow-if APL is your goal and you get MBL,even if you get a few split ends no worries-you will still be full APL.

Enyo

I am done, although I did not reach my goal length. I know I just got here, but I think as long as I'm on meds (yes, plural) that list hair issues as side effects, I just cannot win. I'm not interested in continuing to take tons of pills and powders in an effort to not only keep my hair normal, but boost it's growth. It's like swimming upstream. I took a hair shot in March and another one a week ago and my hair is actually shorter, so I've decided that I'm done with trying to reach MBL.

I'm going to keep it to my extra biotin pill and my trusty multi-vitamin. Maybe I'll do an MSM powder a couple times a week, but nothing religious. I'll just keep coming here since I paid for it and enjoy the off-topic forum. But I probably will not renew unless something drastic happens. I've learned that biotin and and little extra MSM helps me keep my hair shedding down more than I thought possible, so I'm grateful to have learned that.

Last edited:

lesedi

All is well with me
I'm nowhere near my length goals due to setbacks (knots:wallbash:) but i'm not as hung-up over the length it gets to really. If it feels good and the ends are in good nick then I'M GOOD.:grin: I'd love it to grow longer but i'm not fantasizing about deep conditioners and all that madness i was doing before... My reggie only has like 4 products in it: shea/coocnut butter mix; castor oil, DC, co-wash conditioners.

Last edited:

kizzylonghair

I am done, although I did not reach my goal length. I know I just got here, but I think as long as I'm on meds (yes, plural) that list hair issues as side effects, I just cannot win. I'm not interested in continuing to take tons of pills and powders in an effort to not only keep my hair normal, but boost it's growth. It's like swimming upstream. I took a hair shot in March and another one a week ago and my hair is actually shorter, so I've decided that I'm done with trying to reach MBL.

I'm going to keep it to my extra biotin pill and my trusty multi-vitamin. Maybe I'll do an MSM powder a couple times a week, but nothing religious. I'll just keep coming here since I paid for it and enjoy the off-topic forum. But I probably will not renew unless something drastic happens. I've learned that biotin and and little extra MSM helps me keep my hair shedding down more than I thought possible, so I'm grateful to have learned that.

Chin up girl, just do what you can :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: