This is for all the 4A ladies!

mrshicks2002

I would like to see all 4A's hair pictures or fotki of those that have went from SL or shorter to APL and longer and from thin to thick for some encouragement. I know their are alot of ladies out there, but most of the ones that I have seen already had alot of hair when growing up or in their early teen days.

What would you say was the most beneficial thing that you have done or did along your hair journey that have contribute your hair growing from SL or shorter to Apl or longer or from thin to thick hair.

So come on ladies with the pictures and fotki we all want to see :yay::yay::yay::yay:

ETA: about length difference.

Last edited:

shtow

My fotki (in profile) shows my hair. I went from sl to bsl in 2 years, only 7 months of those two years I was on LHCF. My before pic is in my album before LHCF and my hair is CHICKEN HEAD READ and SL.
Oh yeah, it took me 1 year to grow out my hair. It grew to apl and i cut it a lil below sl and colred it again. This color is still in my hair (my tips).
I would say low mani helped b/c I grew my hair out before finding the hair boards wearing instant weaves (these are in my album to).

mrshicks2002

My fotki (in profile) shows my hair. I went from sl to bsl in 2 years, only 7 months of those two years I was on LHCF. My before pic is in my album before LHCF and my hair is CHICKEN HEAD READ and SL.
Oh yeah, it took me 1 year to grow out my hair. It grew to apl and i cut it a lil below sl and colred it again. This color is still in my hair (my tips).
I would say low mani helped b/c I grew my hair out before finding the hair boards wearing instant weaves (these are in my album to).

Beautiful healthy hair!
Ok so I guess I am still on the right track being a 4a also.

mrshicks2002

Thank you. Your avatar pic is beautiful. I want to get a nice U cut trim like that.

Your very welcome and thank you also. I achieved that look in my avi by rollersetting and saran wrapping. If I could find someone to cut it like that I would, but you know I just cant trust everyone with my hair and especially with the cutting.

foxieroxienyc

I'm not BSL, but from where I started to now, I'm DEFINITELY on track for APL by the end of the year. My hair started at NL, and was pretty healthy coming from being natural to texlaxed and staight out of rocking full head sew-ins for two years.

What has helped me to retain my length and continue growing has been finding a SOLID regimen that works for me. I still use heat on occassion because I like straight styles (and my preferred method to obtain that is a low temp blowout occassionally followed by a low temp flat iron to "silken" the hair). Finding that balance of moisture/protein has been an important thing too as my hair is also dense and fine.

Low manipulation has been key, in between my straight styles I will definitely rock braidouts/twistouts/bantu knots. I don't always wear my hair up, I like wearing it down, so exta care goes to my ends. I have yet to post the pics I took yesterday, my hair is doing extremely well.

dream13

Hi :wave:! My hair type is 4a, and though I'm not quite BSL yet...I'm close :look:.

My fotki's in my siggy.

CHEEKQUEEN

I am 4a and I made it to BSL but it was too thin for my liking. I went from Full SL to BSL. Now I am back to Full SL and we shall see how this goes since I am now transitioning. My hair has def. gotten a lot thicker and healthier. I know you have already seen my album. But just posting just in case others need more inspiration. I hope this thread gets a lot of replies because I needs me some heads of hair to look up to. :yep:

mrshicks2002

I'm not BSL, but from where I started to now, I'm DEFINITELY on track for APL by the end of the year. My hair started at NL, and was pretty healthy coming from being natural to texlaxed and staight out of rocking full head sew-ins for two years.

What has helped me to retain my length and continue growing has been finding a SOLID regimen that works for me. I still use heat on occassion because I like straight styles (and my preferred method to obtain that is a low temp blowout occassionally followed by a low temp flat iron to "silken" the hair). Finding that balance of moisture/protein has been an important thing too as my hair is also dense and fine.

Low manipulation has been key, in between my straight styles I will definitely rock braidouts/twistouts/bantu knots. I don't always wear my hair up, I like wearing it down, so exta care goes to my ends. I have yet to post the pics I took yesterday, my hair is doing extremely well.

Thanks.
You are really doing a great job at taking care of your hair and it shows. Very thick, shiny and healthy. I guess I should have put Apl or longer....I will change that.

mrshicks2002

I am 4a and I made it to BSL but it was too thin for my liking. I went from Full SL to BSL. Now I am back to Full SL and we shall see how this goes since I am now transitioning. My hair has def. gotten a lot thicker and healthier. I know you have already seen my album. But just posting just in case others need more inspiration. I hope this thread gets a lot of replies because I needs me some heads of hair to look up to. :yep:

CheekQueen you know you are doing a great job on taking care of your hair and its so healthy and shiny. I am glad you came in here because I think sometimes we all can use a little inspiration. I am like you if its thin for my liking also I will cut in the minute because not only will it grow back, but much healthier, I cant go around claiming APL or BSL with thin hair or ends.:wallbash:

FAMUDva

I would like to see all 4A's hair pictures or fotki of those that have went from SL or shorter to APL and longer and from thin to thick for some encouragement. I know their are alot of ladies out there, but most of the ones that I have seen already had alot of hair when growing up or in their early teen days.

What would you say was the most beneficial thing that you have done or did along your hair journey that have contribute your hair growing from SL or shorter to Apl or longer or from thin to thick hair.

So come on ladies with the pictures and fotki we all want to see :yay::yay::yay::yay:

ETA: about length difference.

You can check my profile for my fotki... I've since "trimmed" back to SL... but my pics range from my beginning at SL thru reach and maintaining APL for a while.

fotki and pswd in profile.

IntoMyhair

Your very welcome. Now i'm striving to get from here

Back to here

LOL It is not growing fast enough. I also need to update my fotki since my regime has changed and everything.

Last edited:

wheezy807

I am 4a relaxed, also.

Sept 2006:

June 2008:

What i atttribute to my healthy hair:
* Protective/low maintenance styles
* Stretching relaxer (12-16wks)
* Daily moisturizing and wearing a scarf at night
* Limited to no heat
* Shampooing hair atleast once a week
* Deep conditioning with every shampoo (leave in- a must)
* I dust every 8 wks

You ladies are very inspirational!!

Last edited:

GeauXavi

wheezy, im in:love4:with your hair! 4a also checking in...and I got from neck to apl in a year using a slight variation of wheezy's regimen... kept hair pinned up 75-80% of the time and never brushing or pony-tails...those two things alone always left my hair thin/broken in the middle before i found lhcf

mrshicks2002

You can check my profile for my fotki... I've since "trimmed" back to SL... but my pics range from my beginning at SL thru reach and maintaining APL for a while.

fotki and pswd in profile.

Thanks.
Beautiful hair and I see that you are also transitioning. This year seems to be the year that alot of others are going natural.

mrshicks2002

I am 4a relaxed, also.

Sept 2006:

June 2008:

What i atttribute to my healthy hair:
* Protective/low maintenance styles
* Stretching relaxer (12-16wks)
* Daily moisturizing and wearing a scarf at night
* Limited to no heat
* Shampooing hair atleast once a week
* Deep conditioning with every shampoo (leave in- a must)
* I dust every 8 wks

You ladies are very inspirational!!

Wow gorgeous hair and this is what I like to see being that I also came from SL hair and my goal is BSL, but I am liking the length that its at being that I am almost APL if I stop cutting, but I just love the blunt ends. Only if my hair will get thicker I might just stop at APL and keep the ends blunt.

coilyhead

April 2007

5 months later

As of April 2008:

The scar on my back is a pretty good marker. :grin:

I'm praying for BSL at the end of the year...right before Christmas. :)

coilyhead

Thank you mrshicks!

The most beneficial thing I think I did was babying my new growth. I love to go on 6 month stretches, and I make sure my new growth (and my relaxed hair) is in great condition. Lots and lots of deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing.