How many split ends do u have RIGHT NOW?

Dposh167

I haven't trimmed or dusted since oct. i recently relaxed and it's time for a dust. I don't have a large amount of splits as I normally would, but they're still there. so my question is...

>when u girls dust/trim do you cut off ALL ur splits(meaning if u have 3/4" of splits would u cut off the whole 3/4" or just a small amount of that 3/4")?

>for those that leave a small amount of splits behind, how has it affected u retaining length in the long run?

I only ask cuz split ends killlllll me...i can't stand the sight of them and knowing that I left some behind. I'm a fanatic about that stuff....and i don't wanna ruin my retention b/c of my scissor happy fingers. so i would love to hear if any ladies have still been able to retain length without they're leftover splits ruining it.

Last edited:

nappity

I cut off two inches of hair at the end of November cause my ends were splitting after a Dominican Salon Mishap. I have no broken ends but if I get small knots- I cut that strand to just above the knot. I do the same for my daughters relaxed hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
A bunch of splits! :lol: ...but I really don't care. Even when I trim my hair, I still have splits afterwards. My natural hair is just proned to splits because it's very tightly coiled. My hair is still growing and retaining length regardless and I don't wear my hair straight often, I wear it nappy 99% of the time, so I don't really have to worry about the splits showing up.

ToyToy

Loads!! :drunk:
And I really don't care anymore. I am natural too, and I do try to trim every three months (doing search and destroy), but the splits usually stay (or magically re-appear). I think ever since going natural, I am just more prone to split ends.

LunadeMiel

I thought I didn't have any but upon further inspection I noticed a whole bunch...:wallbash: I'm transitioning so I don't really care that much about my ends (although I do moisturize and take great care of them). Hopefully by may of 08 I will be able to say goodbye to all of my overprocessed relaxed ends.

Covergirl5906

I know I have a few...but I don't care right now either :grin: they aren't that bad...not worrying about them until I reach my goal.

natural_one

I had alot too, but I recently cut about 1 or 2 inches off. My ends look so much better but I still see some right in the front. I think I am going to start trimming every 2 mths, maybe about a 1/4 or so...

MiWay

I haven't had a real trim since 10/06. I will probably cut a good inch, maybe 2, by Feb.

DayStar

i had a few..but i dusted them yesterday and some today. I havent had a professional trim since March of 2006. I just dust.

LynnieB

am i wierd? now, i can only see what's in front of my face so that'd be all the hair just behind my ears to my forehead and i don't see any. not even 1.

now the back, where i can't see is prolly a different story, the homies are prolly haven't a big ole gala back there :grin:

MariposaSexyGirl

Right now it appears to be none. But if I look through my hair and see one I will immediately snip it off. S & D method helps alot and keeps my from loosing length just because I have two split ends.

missnurselady

Too d*mn many!!! I plan on getting a trim at the end of this month before I go into braids, I havent had a trim since June or July 2007