Split ends on 8-year old daughter's hair

soontobenatural

Split ends on 8-year old daughter\'s hair

Hi ladies,

I need some advice. My daughter has terrible split ends. She has a lot of mid-shaft splits and some multiple splits on the same strand. Here is the routine that I use on her:

Wash with Kenra moisturizing shampoo
Condition with Kenra moisturizing conditioner
Use Dudley's PCA as a leave-in
Daily moisture (or whenever I comb her hair since I leave it in braids most of the time) - Dudley's PCA mixed with aloe vera gel.

Do you think the PCA could be the culprit? I would need to get about 1.5-2 inches cut off of her hair to get rid of the splits, and that is too much (I think).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace...
Soontobenatural

Nonie

Re: Split ends on 8-year old daughter\'s hair

Hey, I'm not sure what could be causing the split ends. But even just using hot water when you wash it could be to blame. Check out this website on split ends (index is on the left) and see if it provides answers. Also, this page and the ones that follow on this website courtesy of Pantene are very informative on what causes hair damage. Click the "NEXT PAGE" link to read the entire chapter.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts

is her hair permed. it might be overprocessed? maybe you could just trim .5in at a time and work on it with products.

soontobenatural

Thanks for replying, ladies.

@nonie: Thanks for providing that link. The pics of the "wave" and the "hole" are what she has a lot of.

@msportugal: her hair is totally natural. I have started paying close attention to what she's eating and the amount of water she's drinking, because part of the problem may be her diet. I have also made an appointment to take her to a beautician to start getting her hair trimmed a little at a time until we get rid of the splits.