how many supplements are all of you taking?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I was just wondering because I plan on taking quite a few supplements but I wanted to get a general fell of what the average amount of hair supplements you all are taking to see if im taking too much. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Armyqt

I'm taking:

Stress Tabs B-Complex
EPO- 500mg
Natrol Omega-3-Flax-Borage
Vitamin Shoppe Bition - 5mg

Flora Vegetal Silica - I might keep this one in the routine
Pantothenic acid 500 mg
Trimedica Powdered MSM
Twin Lab Amino Fluid

ms_kenesha

[*]Nature Valley Multi-Vit
[*]GNC Biotin
[*]Vit. E
[*]B-complex vitamin
and yesterday I just bought a bottle of flax seed oil /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Nyambura

surfer girl
<ul type="square"> [*]Solgar Pantothenic Acid 500mgs [*]Puritan's Pride MSM (powder form) [*]Solaray Vitamin B complex [/list]

beana3

none.. i'm too inconsistent with them. If i'm lucky i'll remember to take my vits 1x a week /images/graemlins/shocked.gif! I dont consume as much water as i used to and that is a sbig concern for me, I will not put nay additional supplement

I do take blackstrap molasses like 3x a week though..so much for consistency!

vevster

I don't take every supplement ever day but these are the core ones...

Multi(either liquid or tablet)
Evening Primrose Oil (1 per da)
Cod liver oil(liquid dose per day)
Some sort of mineral supplement per day
Vitamin E 800 IU per day

These are the ones I flake on
Bcomplex
Vitamin C
Calcium Mag

Kitkat

Country Life Maxi Hair
Central Vite Multi Vitamins
Calcium

I'm out of it now, but I usually take Country Life Biotin 5 mg.

G

Spring Life Multi-vitamin
GNC Flaxseed Oil

That's it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
HTH!!

honeycomb719

I'm taking these as directed:

GNC Ultranourishair
GNC Womens Ultra Mega(as multi vitamin)
GNC SuperBiotin 600 (just added)
MSM 1000mg
Evening Primose w/ Vit E

DOTNOV

I'm taking too many I think. I just started maybe two weeks ago. I've been really drowsy, I don't know if it is me starting school recently or these pills. Maybe it's both. Anyway this is exactly what I have been taking.

Zinc(30mg)-once a day
Iron (18mg)-once a day
Vitamin C (500) 3x
One Source 1x
Evening Primrose oil (500mg) 3x
Flax oil (1000mg) 3x
MSM (500mg) 3x

I was also taking 5mg of Biotin prior to starting these others vitamins but I ran out and plan on getting some more.

adrienne0914

i'm taking:

• Central-Vite multi-vitamin (1/day)
• Pantothenic Acid/B5 (500mg, 2/day)
• Biotin (5mg, 1/day)
• MSM (1000mg, 1/day)
• Natrol Vegetal Silica (1/day)
• Vitamin C/E Combo (1/day)
• Evening Primrose Oil (1300mg, 1/day)

it seems lik i'm forgetting something... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
ok im taking
foti
omega 3
maxi hair
delinea
b5
silica
evening primrose
flaxseed oil
grapeseed oil

I feel like im taking too much?

skegeesmb

I take:

Ultra Nourishair
Silica
MSM
Biotin
EPO (Evening Primrose Oil)
Flax Seed Oil
Marlyn 4hair
Centrum
GNC Amino Acid Complex
(on and off Selenium)

Whew /images/graemlins/blush.gif I think that's it I've been taking these vitamins for 4 years now, but recently added GNC Amino Acid, and 2 years ago Marlyn 4hair.

Integrity

Per day

Biotin 1 mg
EPO 1000mg
Vitamin B5 500mg
MSM 750mg
Multivitamin with minerals inc iron (1)
zinc gluconate 15mg

I take the MVitamin,zinc and EPO daily without fail. But the others on alternate days and take double the dose to make up for the day i missed.

the texture of my normally hard new growth is much much softer and my hair is stonger. i think the hair growth is faster but cant be sure since i never measure. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

oh yeah i avoid taking the Mvitamin and zinc tablet 2gether cos i heard zinc and iron together can inhibit the absorption of the other so i wait a few hours between

azul11

i'm going to restart taking pills for three months or till i take my braids out i will only take two because the main reason i stopped was because of the effect it was having on me physically but also because i couldnt see myself taking a butt load of pills every day. i will use my vitamin shoppe biotin 5mg and i will pick up twin lab pantothenic acid in 500mgs. i have kal's silica plus i remember it makes your hair shiny but i heard it also makes your face shiny and you have to use the restroom more often. i dont want to have a shiny face and i already drink enough water to drown a horse so i dont need another reason to go to the restroom. i will take these pills for 3 months and see what the results are. God bless you all.

L

legs71

I faithfully take:

puritans pride biotin
vitamin shoppe evening primrose oil
vitamin shoppe silica
puritans pride amino 1500
puritans pride liquid vitamin B
puritans pride sea kelp
puritans pride vitamin e
vitamin shoppe vitamin c powder
vitamin shoppe HSN vitamin
vitamins shoppe multivitamin

The biotin is the only thing I am consistent with daily as far as the dosage which is 10mg. Hopefully when I run out of everything I will narrow it to the biotin, twin labs liquid amino w/vitamin b,evening primrose oil, and vitamin shoppe multivitamin

Panthatonic (sp?) Acid/B5 - 1000 or 500 daily
MSM Powder - approx 2,000 mcg
Biotin - 3 or 4,000 mcg
One iron supplement
One multi
Flaxseed oil - 1 tablespoon daily

I get mixed up between mcg and mg so hopefully you understand what I mean /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BronxDiva

I got this from the wellness site....

WA: What vitamins or supplements can nourish healthy hair?

Laboranti: A healthy, varied diet helps to provide the nutrients necessary for healthy hair. Also, a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement can help meet daily nutritional needs. Optimal hair growth occurs when there are no nutrient deficiencies present. In particular, normal stores of iron and normal blood concentrations of certain B vitamins, such as folate and vitamin B-12, are also necessary. A B-complex or Super B-complex supplement may a be helpful to nourish hair if B vitamins are lacking in the diet.

WA: If I am losing my hair or going prematurely gray can vitamins help me?

Laboranti: Malnutrition, starvation and eating disorders are nutrition-related factors that can affect hair loss and color, but unless those problems are a result of malnutrition vitamins may not help. On the other hand, healthy individuals, who experience increased hair loss or shedding, may be deficient in iron. Additional iron can help those who are iron deficient, and an iron supplement is recommended. Along with a balanced diet, a daily multivitamin/mineral supplement can help ensure you are getting all the nutrients necessary for healthy, vibrant hair.

HTH /images/graemlins/drunk.gif