How much Biotin, MSM, Silica?

chayil0427

Hey ladies...I want to start using Biotin, MSM, and Silica. I know some of you have used the supplements and I was wondering if you could tell me which dosaged work best for you.

Thanks

Chayil

I take biotin 7g and may work my way up to 10g... its best to gradual increase that way u wont get break outs or it wont be so bad and will go away after awhile... Also u should take a B50 complex with it and I take em at bedtime

I use to take MSM but stopped I couldnt take the taste anymore so I take L-Cysteine instead at 2000mg off and on ...in the am on empty stomach w/ the right amount of vitamin C...Ill be switching to NAC next that way I dont have to take breaks
I didint notice any difference with Silica

Gym did a great thread about different supplements as well
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=132569

I mix the MSM with lemonade and it really helps to mask the taste.
I take 5000 mcg's (?) of biotin I may start increasing up to 10,000

My Biotin is 5000mcg (5mg), my MSM is 4000mg, my silica is 300mg. I'm thinking about upping my silica. What is everyone else taking?

I take 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. of MSM every morning with water (use take 1 tsp, but got tired of doing it) after I drink my carrot juice and flaxseed oil

1300mcg of Biotin (1000mcg + 300mcg that is in my liquid multivitamin)
B50 Complex
B5

I take the B vitamins, liquid multi, and vitamin C in the evening before bed. I hate popping pills so I sometime mix the liquid multi and pills in the blender.

ETA: I may increase my Biotin intake to 5000mcg, but I'm so afraid that I will get breakouts.

I take 1 tsp MSM in my orange juice, 5 mg biotin, and 2 solaray bamboo (it contains silica) :)

Doin' Da Bump!

Today, I just started taking my vits again (which includes Saw Palmetto and MSM of 3000 mg for my hair). However, one of my other vits for joint pain also has MSM in it. My total daily dosage of MSM will be 3750 mg. Is this too much?

Last edited:
Just interested in what everyone is taking bc I'm thinking I might increase my MSM. I take 12,000mcg of Biotin, 1,050 of MSM & 600mg of Bamboo Silica daily. Thanks Ladies!

@smores - ... you want to consider adding Vitamin C and a B complex to your regimen while taking MSM and Biotin. Vitamin C helps the MSM be absorbed (used) by the body and B Complex does the same for Biotin.

Last edited:
@smores - ... you want to consider adding Vitamin C and a B complex to your regimen while taking MSM and Biotin. Vitamin C helps the MSM be absorbed (used) by the body and B Complex does the same for Biotin.

Thanks iLLong! My hair vitamin has 250 mg of Vitamin C and each Vitamin B complex. I also take a Vitamin C separately during the winter months to help w/ my immune system. :)

I take Noutitress Perfect Hair Vitamins Plus. I've attached a photo of the Supplement Facts below (more thorough than their website).

Attachments

• image-1207095733.jpg
    image-1207095733.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 15
i'm gonna sound like a nutter, but i take 10,000mg of biotin twice a day, in the morning and night. i am going for 1 inch a month yall.

Back