How much Biotin Are you taking?

Sexyma

How much Biotin is too much?

Hey Ladies,
I just wanted to know how much Biotin are you taking daily? I've been taking 3750 mcg daily:
GNC Biotin 2500 mcg
UltraNurishair has 1200mcg of biotin
B-Complex has 50mcg of biotin.

Are their any Biotin experts out there? How much is too much? Please specify between mcg and mg, just so that my calculation are not off. I know some of you breakout from it but I don't seem to have that problem. I've been thinking about increasing my dailiy intake

Toodles

Last edited:

Sexyma

Hmm. Is that working for you? How long have you been taking that daily dose? Any adverse effects? Do you take any other vitamins? I'm thinking about doubling up on my GNC biotin pills (5000 mcg) plus my other vits which equals 6750mcg.

Sexyma

HoneyLemonDrop said:
I take 10,000 mcg daily....Freeda Biotin

Say What? That's it, I'm increasing my dosage. Question ... is that your hair in the ponytail? If so, very beautiful!!!:)

ekomba

i take 9050mcg (biotin and vitol hair vits) daily now used to take 20,000mcg freeda but run out too fast.

Phoenix

Re: How much Biotin is too much?

vikkisecret said:
I take 5000mcg daily

Me too. I use Puritan's Pride. Actually, my prenatal vitamin has some biotin in it too, so I get a little over 5000mcg/day

Sexyma

Ohhh helll nawww!! If that's your hair in a ponytail ... how long is it when down. Berry berry beautiful. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm a new member, any other golden pointers. What is your full vit regimen? I would really appreciate it.

Sexyma

Mee too. 10,000 mcg it is. When I'm done with my GNC, I may try the Freeda. Only thing is the GNC 2500 pills are crazy small. That may be hard to change. My only big pills are UltraNourishair.

kitkat3ny

Just started this week upping my regimin to:

GNC Biotin 2500 mcg 1x daily
UltraNourishair 1x daily
GNC Evening Primrose 1300mg 1x daily
GNC Finger Printed Horse Tail 500mg 1x daily
GNC MSM 1000mg 2x a day
One a day multivitamin
extra 500mg Vit C 1x daily
GNC Flaxseed oil 1000mg 1x daily
GNC Triple Cod Liver Oil 1x daily
B-12 500mcg 1x daily

*Frisky*

Does anyone know of a brand of Biotin that has a higher dosage per pill? I took 5000 mcg of Biotin but I had to take around 8 or 9 pills to acheive this...

*Frisky*

Wow....thanks HoneyLemon..now tell me where to get it!!!! I checked out some Freeda Biotin but I only saw the 100mcg..obviously I was looking in the wrong place.

Phoenix

marie170 said:
Does anyone know of a brand of Biotin that has a higher dosage per pill? I took 5000 mcg of Biotin but I had to take around 8 or 9 pills to acheive this...

Puritan's Pride makes a 5000mcg biotin pill that's pretty small.