• $21 - $50

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • $51 - $75

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • $76 +

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

naturalmanenyc

I considered using the salon where I got my last blow out ($55) but she charges $75 for a trim. I was sure to say trim, not hair cut and yes, they charge $75 for a trim which can be done on curly or straight natural hair. I cancelled the appointment. I cannot understand why a trim would be so expensive when the blow out is only $55. A blow out mid week is $35.

I'm going to Supercuts after I blow out my hair.

MsEveMarie

I considered using the salon where I got my last blow out ($55) but she charges $75 for a trim. I was sure to say trim, not hair cut and yes, they charge $75 for a trim which can be done on curly or straight natural hair. I cancelled the appointment. I cannot understand why a trim would be so expensive when the blow out is only $55. A blow out mid week is $35.

naturalmanenyc where did u get ur hair blown out and did that 55 include a flat iron also? Did u think the results were worth the price?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
It's about $15 extra, but I've been with my stylist so long, she does it for free most of the time.

Sent from this Galaxy!!

naturalmanenyc

MsEveMarie

Yep, that is exactly right. A trim is $75 and is thorough where they go in section by section.

The "trim" I got for free with my blow out was just to clip off the end of my V shape at the back of my hair.

Carmelella

5 dollars MAX. I would only consider paying $5 for a trim cuz that's how much I would pay someone to search for my scissors for me and sweep my floor and let me borrow a plastic apron for a few minutes. That is the only benefits I see of someone else doing my trims so that's all I'll pay :look:

Cutting hair into a style... Whole different story.

RegaLady

I may have to try this myself. Sounds like a good idea. I don't trim myself because last time I did the job was botched. :ohwell: So I rather someone else professionally do it.

SUPER SWEET

I get my hair done when I go back home...
PHL wash/blow/trim/curl 35.00
NJ wash/blow/trim/curl 45.00
ATL wash/blow/trim/curl (urban area 45.00) (UE salon 80.00)

NaturalEnigma

I paid $45 to get my natural hair trimmed in Philadelphia. They washed my hair, put a instant conditioner on it, rinsed it out and trimmed it wet. My hair was cut in small sections. She did a great job, but I still thought it was too expensive. I did my last trim myself and it looked just fine. I'm going to cut it myself from now on. When I was relaxed and used to go to the Dominican salon they charged me $10, but not every stylist knew how to cut hair, you had to know who to go to.

D.Lisha

I'm looking at some of these prices like "O.O"

And here I was thinking the $15.00 my stylist charged was bloody murder lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
@daydreem2876
@curlicarib

Do they use clippers or scissors?

I never even thought about using a barber. My dad and his wife use the same barber but they also have a similar bald fade.

Scissors. And I go to Supercuts in town. The best part is that unlike stylists, barbers actually know what an 1/8" is, what 1/2" is, 1", etc. I've never had a problem with a barber cutting too much of my hair. In fact, it's just the opposite. Male barbers are generally VERY cautious in cutting women's hair and will ask repeatedly if they are cutting too much. They tend to respect the fact that it's your hair and not theirs to do with as they please. All around, a much better hair triming/cutting experience than going to a stylist.

naturalmanenyc

curlicarib

I definitely agree that barbers know what 1/2 inch is since they typically use guides and have to know how much to take off. I wish stylists had scissors with guides!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I cut my own hair. Sometimes I cut long bangs, layers, and don't even need a mirror.

If I feel like pampering myself, I let Ana do it. It's $10 extra.

tiffjust2002

I do mine myself now, but when I do get it professionally done whether it's a trim or a full on cut into a style I always go to Great Clips and pay $16 plus a tip :) Can't beat that :)

so1913

About $180 includes wash & style (blow out or curly). I go to Anthony Dickey at the Hair Rules Salon. The other stylists there have lower rates, but AD has been cutting my hair for years and I know I'll never walk out disappointed so I guess I'm also paying for peace of mind.

naija24

I don't get trims. I think the last time I did though, I went to my friend and she did it for free.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I usually cut my hair myself. I have been cutting my own hair since I was 8 and I don't even need a mirror to do it any more. On the occasion I feel like being pampered it costs $10. I go to a Dominican salon and it is not a shishifroufrou spot, LOL! One of my girlfriends goes to this fancy salon in Bayside and it costs her over $150 (tip not included) and she had to blowdry her own hair. I would stab a stylist in the eye with a flip-flop if she opened up her mouth to tell me that price. My girlfriend is Italian if that matters.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I just gave myself a trim yesterday. I blew it out, parted down the midle and put each side in goody bands. pulled the bands down to about 2" (overdue trim) above the ends of my hair and snipped. Perfect "V" cut.

missbugg21

When I need a good trim, I'll straighten my hair and go to Cost Cutters or Great Clips. They get me in and out in less than 10-15 minutes and cost me less than $20 (including tip).

People give me the side-eye when I tell them I let white women cut my hair, but they get the job done... :yep:

When I was going to my normal (black) stylist, she was charging me PER INCH to trim my hair!! That happened ONCE and I was done after that. I haven't been to a "real" salon in 7 years. :nono:

Jewell

When I was allowing others to trim my hair (have been doing it myself the last 9-10 yrs), I paid no more than $10 for a dry trim on BSL-MBL hair. I also only paid $10 to clean up and sharpen layers when I had them (dry hair).