How much do you pay for your weave?

How much does you weave hair typically cost?

• less than $50

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • $50-$100

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • $101-$150

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • $151-$200

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • more than $200

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sesi

For those who wear weaves....

How much in general do you pay for the weave? The hair, that is, not the process of weaving it up. My friend asked about this in passing and it got me curious. I have only done a weave twice in my life, and both times I did not buy the hair, so I don't know anything about the costs :look:

Another question - how expensive is the most expensive weave out there? I tried doing a google search, but no luck.

Last edited:
Sesi, do a google search on Mongolian, Brazilian or Virgin Indian Hair...you will find some ridiculously priced weave hair! I've seen hair run $125+ per pack at my local BSS, smh.

I've paid $280 for 8 ounces before but I know its more now

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I've paid $280 for 8 ounces before but I know its more now

Is 8 ounces like 1 weft ( I am so ignorant about these it's not even funny :nono: )

How many ounces do you usually need for a whole head?

Sesi, do a google search on Mongolian, Brazilian or Virgin Indian Hair...you will find some ridiculously priced weave hair! I've seen hair run $125+ per pack at my local BSS, smh.

Can one pack do a whole head? or you need more than one?

Can one pack do a whole head? or you need more than one?

If you have a tiny head, yes. But if your head is 'normal' to large (like mine) you need 1 1/2 to 2 packs. This is why I learned how to install my own weave. I just cant see myself paying for hair plus paying for someone to sew it in.

When used to buy it from Lugo's it was approximately $160-185 per 8 oz. If you wanted custom blended colors it was even more.

I think about 6oz did my entire head. But that was back in 2006-7, so I am sure the prices are more outrageous now. I think you can call or email Lugo's for a current price list if you are curious.

The weave i have in now cost around $160 for 2 packs... its really good hair though!! the next weave i plan on buying is around $220, & i plan on keeping it in for a while. (protective style)

between $100-150 that includes shipping from China. I can usually get about 16 ounces for that much though depending on what i'm ordering.

between $100-150 that includes shipping from China. I can usually get about 16 ounces for that much though depending on what i'm ordering.

This^^^. The quality is usually way better and cheaper than the bss.

when did weaves, just the hair not even the installation, become so expensive? i remember buying hair some years ago for about $25-30... granted it wasn't for a full head, just to add length in the back but still...

Last edited:
I was talking about the installation not the hair. I've found that installation is key to preventing set backs etc... so I don't mind paying to get it put in correctly.

when did weaves, just the hair not even the installation, become so expensive? i remember buying hair some years ago for about $25-30... granted it wasn't for a full head, just to add length in the back but still...

It really comes down to the quality of hair. I would never recommend spending top dollar for a quick, occasional (once a year or two) weaves. However, if you plan to wear a weave long term, it's best to get the best quality you can afford. Cheap hair tends to look cheap and wears poorly over time.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I've always wondered and this seems like the only appropriate time to ask, is Mongolian hair actually hair from a Mongolian woman? :look: I feel really dumb right now.

Aireen,

Honestly, I believe there are only two types of virgin hair-indian and chinese. Mongolian hair generally is chinese hair processed to be resemble mongolian hair (sleek and high shine).

My sister paid around 200-250 for the hair she last purchased. She doesn't buy the cheap hair or hair from our BSS because the quality is not as good.

I just paid 240 for some kinky curly from Mane Depot...add that to the cost of silk thread and weft sealer along with shipping...Oh and products for the hair...that's about about $310. I'm not going to even talk about how much it's going to be to sew it in :shocked:...welp Merry Christmas to me :lachen:

For Indi Remi its like 110 for 16 inches and I found Hollywood Classic Remi which works just the same, the new package, for like 80bucks for 16inch I wear 16 and 18 so the next length up is an extra 10 bucks...

My friend does my hair for free, but on the hair itself, I don't spend more than $15.00 a pack. I usually buy 3 though. Man, I need an upgrade lol.

This^^^. The quality is usually way better and cheaper than the bss.

co-sign:lol:, that is how I get mine and I have had most of my hair for more a year. I found a new AV that I can buy 8oz and still stay within the same budget but I wear 12 inch hair. I only buy hair maybe 2-3 times a year and that is because I want a different wave pattern or texture

When used to buy it from Lugo's it was approximately $160-185 per 8 oz. If you wanted custom blended colors it was even more.

I think about 6oz did my entire head. But that was back in 2006-7, so I am sure the prices are more outrageous now. I think you can call or email Lugo's for a current price list if you are curious.

mzteaze - another Lugo buyer here!!!

I voted 100-150 cause I thought you meant the install - but 8oz if lugo ran bout $180 w/ shipping. 8oz is more than enough for a full head weave, w/ no leave out. My head is normal (I've never been told it was large/small so must be normal). Quality hair should last thru multiple washings, straightenings, and installs. My Lugo hair held up even after not using for 3yrs, balled up in a plastic bag in a drawer.

I will never do pack hair unless I am getting a short weave, very short. I never saw pack hair stand up to multiple washings, installs. Usually the tracks were bald from tremendous shedding. And I was using (what I thought & promoted as) was quality hair.

mzteaze - another Lugo buyer here!!!

I voted 100-150 cause I thought you meant the install - but 8oz if lugo ran bout $180 w/ shipping. 8oz is more than enough for a full head weave, w/ no leave out. My head is normal (I've never been told it was large/small so must be normal). Quality hair should last thru multiple washings, straightenings, and installs. My Lugo hair held up even after not using for 3yrs, balled up in a plastic bag in a drawer.

I will never do pack hair unless I am getting a short weave, very short. I never saw pack hair stand up to multiple washings, installs. Usually the tracks were bald from tremendous shedding. And I was using (what I thought & promoted as) was quality hair.
Golden75
You MUST go to Lugo's for an amusing purchase. They take you in the back while they pull the hair for your selection. I swear it was like going to a drug dealer....for hair. I had to take the SO with me just to see the process. He thought I was exaggerating. He didn't think so afterwards.

@Golden75
You MUST go to Lugo's for an amusing purchase. They take you in the back while they pull the hair for your selection. I swear it was like going to a drug dealer....for hair. I had to take the SO with me just to see the process. He thought I was exaggerating. He didn't think so afterwards.

@mzteaze - Oh I did that! The first time I purchased, since I didn't know the color and textures. And yes, it is quite an experience. I was all messed up when trying to choose my combo, a lil of this, a lil of that. Loved it! But I just order over the phone since I know the product.

I love that you can mix your own hair cocktail - makes the weave very natural looking.

Last edited:
goodness!

Second time doing a weave. First time was to experiment with a short hair style.

This time as a protective style for my transitioning hair.

Spent $32 per pack at a local BSS Janet Hair blends very well with my head.
(had to use 2 packs)

$200 for installation and style (they also washed and conditioned)

Over here in Jersey they been advertising for this place called "The Weave Shop"

They advertise $50 sew-in...you gotta show up with your hair washed and blow dried...with your two packs of 100% human hair

Never been there though. Something scares me about that price.
Am I paranoid?

I dont even want to talk about it...lol its depressing. I think extensions plus jacked up their prices. It used to be around $200 for 3 oz. Now it looks to be around 225 for 2oz. I need to call them, because its not making sense.

It's going to be my first time getting weave and expect to dish out major $$$$ to get a great install. The hair alone will cost close to $500US and the installation with cut and color about $800 depending on the stylist I go to.

I'm looking to spend at least $1300 for everything.

Back