How much do you pay for your weave?

How much does you weave hair typically cost?

• less than $50

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • $50-$100

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • $101-$150

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • $151-$200

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • more than $200

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow. I knew ppl could spend a lot on hair, but dang! I learned to do quick weaves myself, but that usually only last 2-4 weeks. As such, I don't get hair that is more than about $25 pack.

I have seen quite a few people on this board making wigs/half wigs and stuff and then sewing them on. I want to learn how to do that, but I kinda suck at braiding my own hair.

Any tips from ppl that do it themselves??

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

If you know how to do a quick weave, you can make a wig. The only difference is you'll be using a needle and thread to attach the tracks instead of glueing them on. Most people use stocking caps for quick weaves. For a wig, the deluxe weave caps are better - these even come with a u-shaped section in the front that you can cut out if you want to make a half-wig.

I don't spend a lot on hair either. I use bss brands, if you know how to pick them you can get decent quality. Some of the bigger online bss stores have two for one sales etc., sometimes and that's where I get most of my hair. The most I'll spend is 50/pack if it's upscale bss. However not all of my hair is "upscale" or special label bss. I also use protein hair sometimes. My wigs last a long time. I've never had to throw out or retire one of my handmade wigs yet. Some are over a year now and I don't foresee having to get rid of them any time soon. The hair is reuseable if you want to make another wig, or do a weave, etc.

When i was 18 i dated a guy who bought me $600 virgin indian hair. I'm not into weave and i tend to do my hair myself so that was crazy to me...Oh...and a "friend" ended up stealing the hair.

Wow - what a story. :)

It depends on what I'm getting. Anywhere from $150 to $300. I spend more if I'm getting a longer style as opposed to a short style.

About 550 for hair and 600 for the install. My best friend is a celebrity hair stylist and that was the discount. SHEESH. She's amazing though.

My goodness!!!
How long does that last? Are you in the entertainment industry?

This thread is really eye-opening for me! I just can't imagine normal, everyday people spending so much on a hairstyle. I'm a cheap, DIY natural who never goes to a salon or wears extensions, so this is just amazing to me. How long does it take to install?

$1150 is a whole lot of money for a hairstyle! I could use a side hustle like that.

My goodness!!!
How long does that last? Are you in the entertainment industry?

This thread is really eye-opening for me! I just can't imagine normal, everyday people spending so much on a hairstyle. I'm a cheap, DIY natural who never goes to a salon or wears extensions, so this is just amazing to me. How long does it take to install?

$1150 is a whole lot of money for a hairstyle! I could use a side hustle like that.

Allllla this here...

Anyone with $600+ weaves please note:

:needpics:

*cough*@MissCrawford*cough*

I just bought some Bobbi Boss Indi Remi and a closure. Total was $286.

The last time I wore a weave I used Bohyme Brazilian Wave. It was about $129 per pack and worth every penny.

Wow. I didn't know then game was like this. The last time I had some it was a glue in in the early 90's :( I need a sew in consultant. Would anyone be interested in answering some questions I have about installing and closures? I already know where to start to look for hair, but not the basics of it. If so PM me!

The last time I had a weave in Jan I spent about $210 on hair and $90 including tip to get it installed. In total: $300. I plan on reusing one of the packs of hair I bought (Wagmans NS) and buying another longer bundle although their prices have gone up since I purchased my hair earlier this year. That new bundle looks like it's gonna run me at least $160 for 4oz....

Hey girly. Nah I'm not in the entertainment industry. I work in fashion PR. I'm not at all in the spotlight but I attend numerous events. I have a boss that hires people based on their looks. He feels as though your only as good as your last assemble.:lol: Sooooo in between eating and talking my ear off it's about 8 hrs. Without the hoopla about 6. Her method leaves a totally trackless look. It last me about 2.5 months. But that's bcuz [I'm ready to remove
it. I got it tightened once a month. As far as the cost my Manfriend believes I'm totally worth it:grin::yep:

I'm natural now so.......:ohwell:

MissCrawford is she located in Brooklyn?

Hey girly. Nah I'm not in the entertainment industry. I work in fashion PR. I'm not at all in the spotlight but I attend numerous events. I have a boss that hires people based on their looks. He feels as though your only as good as your last assemble.:lol: Sooooo in between eating and talking my ear off it's about 8 hrs. Without the hoopla about 6. Her method leaves a totally trackless look. It last me about 2.5 months. But that's bcuz [I'm ready to remove
it. I got it tightened once a month. As far as the cost my Manfriend believes I'm totally worth it:grin::yep:

I'm natural now so.......:ohwell:

Well I hope he also buys you houses, cars, stocks, bonds, etc. That's a whole lot of cash for a hairstyle that is gone in less than 3 months. If it was an object (like a handbag), you'd at least still have it years later. I just can't wrap my head around this.

I guess I'll always be a DIY natural girl because I'm obviously too cheap to understand. I can't even wrap my head around paying so much for BKT on my hair.

**leaving the hair section and heading to the financial section**

I'm bumping this in 2014... I am getting my $400 sew in from the infamous bhm Amandaita. Is $400 a good price? It includes 16inch Brazilian body wave + Closure and install. I might need to ask for an itemized list of costs.

So just to recap, I texted Amanda

"Hi, I have an appointment for a full sew in + closure Brazilian body wave 16 inches. I was wondering what is the price quote for hair + install?"

Her reply was "Hi it's 400 for everything."

Plus when I first signed up for her VIP Text Club list it says, "Show this text for $30 off your install."

So I'm going to pull that out too...

I'm bumping this in 2014... I am getting my $400 sew in from the infamous bhm Amandaita. Is $400 a good price? It includes 16inch Brazilian body wave + Closure and install. I might need to ask for an itemized list of costs.

So just to recap, I texted Amanda

"Hi, I have an appointment for a full sew in + closure Brazilian body wave 16 inches. I was wondering what is the price quote for hair + install?"

Her reply was "Hi it's 400 for everything."

Plus when I first signed up for her VIP Text Club list it says, "Show this text for $30 off your install."

So I'm going to pull that out too...

I went to her long before those prices! Wow! I would have never had a weave. The saving grace is she is amazing and the hair is a good investment of you plan to weave for a while.

Suny

I went to her long before those prices! Wow! I would have never had a weave. The saving grace is she is amazing and the hair is a good investment of you plan to weave for a while.

Suny

SunySydeofLyfe dang what were the prices years ago?... but I keep hearing great reviews on her. I asked her what is the best form of payment, obviously she said cash. But I asked her about paypal, this is the answer:

Me- What's the best form of payment? Do you accept PayPal?
Her- Cash is best if u pay via paypal it's 4 percent extra unless u pay via friends and family I don't think there is a fee

I feel some type of way carrying $400 in cash to pay someone who doesn't work out of an actual salon, but rather their home. I'll tip in cash, but PayPal is what I feel safest about.

SunySydeofLyfe dang what were the prices years ago?... but I keep hearing great reviews on her. I asked her what is the best form of payment, obviously she said cash. But I asked her about paypal, this is the answer:

Me- What's the best form of payment? Do you accept PayPal?
Her- Cash is best if u pay via paypal it's 4 percent extra unless u pay via friends and family I don't think there is a fee

I feel some type of way carrying $400 in cash to pay someone who doesn't work out of an actual salon, but rather their home. I'll tip in cash, but PayPal is what I feel safest about.

Check your pm

Suny

I have paid up to 170+ per pack! 18 inches or so, two packs with some highlights has run me over 400$ easily.
However, the hair was in microlinks so that made it more expensive but it lasted forever!! Literally forever.

Back